#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

5 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Why are our summers so dull? Think the only time we have had any real excitement is a couple of seasons back. Seems like nothing is happening whilst other clubs are hard at it. Hope I am wrong.

Its funny reading the daily transfer stories from the regional papers and scrolling down to see the sheffield news. Which is never there 

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He is danish, playing in the German second division if its a few million then he would not be signing for Birmingham.

I really hate the undisclosed thing - in a time when we are meant to be as transparent as possible why can we not be told x has cost £xm with add ons. - Rant over :Chansiri:

Found this link from sportsmole, apparently they've triggered a £2.2 million release clause.

Edited by Woozie
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

A left back from one of Jos former clubs signing for Birmingham. With us in the market for a left back and Jos reported links with the German leagues we seem to have missed out on this one?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44442913

He's from Union Berlin not Hertha 

If you want to link a left back from Germany try Philip Heise from Dynamo Dresden who Jos did manage during his brief spell at Stuttgart

Widely reported he is moving to England, though it's so far a mystery which club

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, richowl said:

When did Forest go bust?

Think you've misunderstood,i wasn't saying they had gone bust,i was replying to your reply to what StudentOwl said

"Forrest are going the sh*t or bust route again then." Then again, being Mendes' investment play-thing has already worked for one club.

you said "Like we have & failed."

If that makes any sense ?

4 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Aitor Karanka is set to bring ex-Leeds United star Sam Byram to Nottingham Forest on loan from West Ham, according to The Sun.

Sam Byram is set to sign for Nottingham Forest on loan for the season from Premiership side West Ham.

The right-back has only managed to make 27 appearances in the Premier League since he made the switch to the London Stadium.

Byram has been allowed to depart the club as West Ham have signed Ryan Fredericks on a free from Fulham, which has left the door wide open for the right-back.

great signing

34 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Think you've misunderstood,i wasn't saying they had gone bust,i was replying to your reply to what StudentOwl said

"Forrest are going the sh*t or bust route again then." Then again, being Mendes' investment play-thing has already worked for one club.

you said "Like we have & failed."

If that makes any sense ?

We’ve gone poo or bust over the last 3 years in an attempt to get promoted & failed.

Now we need to make cutbacks. 

39 minutes ago, richowl said:

We’ve gone poo or bust over the last 3 years in an attempt to get promoted & failed.

Now we need to make cutbacks. 

If we can unload the big waste of money top earners, then there's nothing stopping us improving the squad. That is the issue in my opinion.  

2 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Club have made enquiries about Marc Roberts from Birmingham. 

I like Roberts,  always looked decent at Barnsley 

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

So, just to recap, 

outgoings....Wallace, Loovens, Kean, Hirst

incomings....none

+ Venâncio & Butterfield. 6 out, soon to be 7 when Clare walks.