#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

15 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Forgot to add ...

ITFC are also close to signing Trevoh Chalobah on loan 

I would prefer us to try and sign Will Hughes on a season long loan deal - in the championship he would add goals from central midfield - not to mention annoying every Derby fan.

28 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I would prefer us to try and sign Will Hughes on a season long loan deal - in the championship he would add goals from central midfield - not to mention annoying every Derby fan.

Is he surplus to requirements?

i am only thinking of Will Hughes who scored goals in the Premier League last year and seemed to be a first team player.

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

The squad we got can be good enough if they buy into jos's ideas and game plans. After seeing what he has done with the likes of Nuhiu, Thorniley, the addition of Pelupessy. I have high hopes indeed when he get to put his ideas across to Van Aken, Lee and Hooper. 

You can add Pudil at centre back to that list aswell.

We have quality in the squad if it stays togehther, with a few coming back I think that provides freshness that was missing.

What we do need is physicality, speed and aggression to address a massive hole in our game

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

We have quality in the squad if it stays togehther, with a few coming back I think that provides freshness that was missing.

What we do need is physicality, speed and aggression to address a massive hole in our game

Yep

14 minutes ago, Owl Rly said:

Is he surplus to requirements?

i am only thinking of Will Hughes who scored goals in the Premier League last year and seemed to be a first team player.

He only played 15 games last season and we seem to like buying and loaning players from Watford so might be worth a shout if we need another central midfielder. 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I would love to see us sign Iorfa from Wolves - surplus to requirements there was out on loan at Ipswich last season and has everything we need big, strong physical player with two good feet, likes to get forward but also a good defender - former Under 21 international and only 1 year left on his control with Wolves getting promoted we might pick him up for a decent price or loan and would be a big improvement on both Palmer and Hunt.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2018/05/29/wolves-target-a-squad-of-quality/

Better than Palmer,  not so sure he would keep Hunt out , and I’d rather we sign a left sided defender first 

Edited by Guest

Any news on Venancio or Honeyman? also any rumours about that Hull left back Max Clark?

For me the club need to focus on moving people out and then add a few faces, 1 winger, 1 strong midfielder and 1 centre half. Venancio would cover 1, Honeyman would maybe cover the midfielder and clark would enable Reach to play wing so if those 3 rumours are true that would be great.

8 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Any news on Venancio or Honeyman? also any rumours about that Hull left back Max Clark?

For me the club need to focus on moving people out and then add a few faces, 1 winger, 1 strong midfielder and 1 centre half. Venancio would cover 1, Honeyman would maybe cover the midfielder and clark would enable Reach to play wing so if those 3 rumours are true that would be great.

Venancio - no news

Honeyman - no news, currently an unsubstantiated rumour

Clark - Signed for Dutch club Vitesse last week

Aitor Karanka is set to bring ex-Leeds United star Sam Byram to Nottingham Forest on loan from West Ham, according to The Sun.

Sam Byram is set to sign for Nottingham Forest on loan for the season from Premiership side West Ham.

The right-back has only managed to make 27 appearances in the Premier League since he made the switch to the London Stadium.

Byram has been allowed to depart the club as West Ham have signed Ryan Fredericks on a free from Fulham, which has left the door wide open for the right-back.

2 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Aitor Karanka is set to bring ex-Leeds United star Sam Byram to Nottingham Forest on loan from West Ham, according to The Sun.

Sam Byram is set to sign for Nottingham Forest on loan for the season from Premiership side West Ham.

The right-back has only managed to make 27 appearances in the Premier League since he made the switch to the London Stadium.

Byram has been allowed to depart the club as West Ham have signed Ryan Fredericks on a free from Fulham, which has left the door wide open for the right-back.

Forrest are going the sh*t or bust route again then. Then again, being Mendes' investment play-thing has already worked for one club

26 minutes ago, room0035 said:

A left back from one of Jos former clubs signing for Birmingham. With us in the market for a left back and Jos reported links with the German leagues we seem to have missed out on this one?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44442913

Depends what the "undisclosed fee" is. If it's a couple of million, then he's probably out of our price-range so not a missed target

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Depends what the "undisclosed fee" is. If it's a couple of million, then he's probably out of our price-range so not a missed target

He is danish, playing in the German second division if its a few million then he would not be signing for Birmingham.

I really hate the undisclosed thing - in a time when we are meant to be as transparent as possible why can we not be told x has cost £xm with add ons. - Rant over :Chansiri: