#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

37 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Given that we are likely to get stiffed on deals for Hirst, Rhodes, and maybe Clare, can’t we take advantage ourselves of other clubs mistakes?

This is what you would like to be seeing isn’t it, don’t think anyone has a clue how our recruitment is going to go this summer 

you get the feeling the emphasis is on getting people out, and there’s no rush on the incoming front 

16 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

You're gonna make me blush :blush:

It's been a slightly weird array of games I've been to of late - last few grounds include Cowdenbeath, Brackley Town and Barcelona among others. There were a fair few lads at Barcelona who caught the eye but I'm not sure if they'd count as "overlooked" :biggrin:

Main thing I can share is that at Cowdenbeath the bloke sat next to me transpired to have been an ex-youth scout for Wednesday based in Scotland. I asked him about his experience and he wasn't exactly complimentary, said that his reports weren't followed up and the club didn't seem organised or communicative. Said Newcastle were much better to work for. In one sense I found it encouraging that we maintain a scouting network north of the border, but obviously based on the feedback it seems we have a way to go.

Very interesting.. thanks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

This is what you would like to be seeing isn’t it, don’t think anyone has a clue how our recruitment is going to go this summer 

you get the feeling the emphasis is on getting people out, and there’s no rush on the incoming front 

Suspect this is very true. If we have Hooper, Fletcher, Westwood, Lee, Hutchinson, Van Aken fit for pre season, that would be a huge boost and like 6 new signings considering the amount of time they missed last year. 

We have a lot of quality in the squad already (when fit) so don't need to go mad, but do need to address weak areas and in particular wing backs, if Jos is going to persist with that system needs to be a recruitment priority.  If Rhodes rumoured move to Norwich goes through, expect we will  proceed with deals in the pipeline (or you would hope we have deals in the pipeline, Venancio for example?)

Jos has already intimated that we will look to use the loan market and expect these deals will be done after pre-season has started, certainly for the Premier League players?

Yeah agreed , You can’t really expect Jos to assess the squad fully until he’s seen Lee , Fletch , Van Aken and Hooper in training 

If he gets back fit and finds his form again Keiren Lee is one of the best midfielders in the division, Hooper everyone knows how good he is , Fletcher is anyone’s guess .. he can be as good or as ineffective as he wants to be 

If you go on our last 9 or 10 games of the season only Fulham and Wolves were better than us. 

And what happened to both them clubs.

Bare in mind that that was without in the the main Hutchinson, Westwood, Van Aken, Lee, Hooper and Fletcher.

Baffles me how some think we won't do well next season. Only thing getting in our way in my opinion is FFP forces us to sell all our top players. If that is not the case then I am expecting the Play offs at least.

15 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Yerry Mina for Columbia. CB. 6ft5. 

Had less than 5 games in 12 months for Barcelona. 

Looks a right prospect. 

Wonder if we've still got Barca's loan department number...

We have the problem is the number goes through to Barcelona B. 

I don’t know why everyone is getting there knickers in a twist regarding FFP. We won’t be allowed to go anywhere near it. Mr chansiri will make sure of that. As to quote the man home self. We have friends. I don’t believe we have seen his complete hand as yet either I think thats planned for the PL but the longer we languish around here. He may twist. interesting times. Think this FFP as been good for Jos as he can assess the squad (which is a good thing ) without fans clambering for big name signings.  Our squad is good enough if fully fit And we only need for likes of Joao to reach is potential and we have a top 2 squad. Only person to go would sadly be Rhodes but only as it clearly as not worked here for him. 

Also if other teams think we skint it will stop other teams quoting stupid figures for there players 

25 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Baffles me how some think we won't do well next season. Only thing getting in our way in my opinion is FFP forces us to sell all our top players. If that is not the case then I am expecting the Play offs at least.

I said the same last season.

I thought we would reap the benefits of keeping the squad together, get to see the best of Jordan Rhodes etc...

It's just not straight forward.

15 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Yerry Mina for Columbia. CB. 6ft5. 

Had less than 5 games in 12 months for Barcelona. 

Looks a right prospect. 

Wonder if we've still got Barca's loan department number...

Not that we’ve any chance of signing him, but I’ve read suggestions that Mina might be moving on this summer. Barca have reached their limit of non-EU players and they want to bring in another one, and they seem to reckon that Mina’s performance in the game where they conceded 5 at Levante marked him out as the sacrificial lamb. I suspect he’ll end up going to a mid-table Serie A club on one of those deals where Barca have a buy-back clause in the €20-30m range.

12 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I said the same last season.

I thought we would reap the benefits of keeping the squad together, get to see the best of Jordan Rhodes etc...

It's just not straight forward.

Yeah but we didnt know then that Carlos didn't do any fitness training.

lol

52 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If you go on our last 9 or 10 games of the season only Fulham and Wolves were better than us. 

And what happened to both them clubs.

Bare in mind that that was without in the the main Hutchinson, Westwood, Van Aken, Lee, Hooper and Fletcher.

Always need to refresh a squad. 

I fear ours has gone stale.

We need a bit of a change.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Always need to refresh a squad. 

I fear ours has gone stale.

We need a bit of a change.

You either refresh the squad or you refresh the voice talking to them. 

We did the latter and we are going up 

:biggrin:

• Like 1

I feel a full pre-season under Jos and the numerous players returning from injury will provide sufficient impetus this summer without revolutionising how the squad looks.

Especially for players who were signed last season but thrown into tricky circumstances, they could be like new signings again. I'm particularly intrigued by Pelupessey and Van Aken this summer, the latter in particular could come on and leaps and bounds under Jos compared to Carlos.

We still need new faces I do agree with that. There's always room to freshen things up. I'd honestly be happy with 2 or 3 though, if they're of sufficient quality and in positions we need. If we keep Forrestieri, get everybody fit and sign a centre back, wing back and a proper holding midfielder of sufficient first team quality, I think we'll be laughing.

• Like 1

I would love to see us sign Iorfa from Wolves - surplus to requirements there was out on loan at Ipswich last season and has everything we need big, strong physical player with two good feet, likes to get forward but also a good defender - former Under 21 international and only 1 year left on his control with Wolves getting promoted we might pick him up for a decent price or loan and would be a big improvement on both Palmer and Hunt.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2018/05/29/wolves-target-a-squad-of-quality/

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Like the optimism. Still think we need 3 new additions and to get rid of some of the poo .

The squad we got can be good enough if they buy into jos's ideas and game plans. After seeing what he has done with the likes of Nuhiu, Thorniley, the addition of Pelupessy. I have high hopes indeed when he get to put his ideas across to Van Aken, Lee and Hooper. 

You can add Pudil at centre back to that list aswell.

Edited by pazowl55

28 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Ipswich Town have made a bid for 26 year old Blackpool centre-half, Curtis Tilt

I know nothing about him, but must be a more realistic option than Yerry Mina lol

Forgot to add ...

ITFC are also close to signing Trevoh Chalobah on loan