#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

If the squad's health improves as a result of a proper training regime, we don't need much this summer.

Critical is that we get 25 games out of Hutch, and Van Aken has a strong pre season and stays fit.  We don't need a forward, and can afford to get rid of Rhodes and possibly one other.  At most I would look to get a full back and a winger, and adjust in January if we are either competing at the top or struggling at the bottom.

I think we are probably heading for another steady mid table season - no bad thing, it means one more year off the contracts of the expensive crocks and closer to us being able to build a different type of squad.

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

If the squad's health improves as a result of a proper training regime, we don't need much this summer.

Critical is that we get 25 games out of Hutch, and Van Aken has a strong pre season and stays fit.  We don't need a forward, and can afford to get rid of Rhodes and possibly one other.  At most I would look to get a full back and a winger, and adjust in January if we are either competing at the top or struggling at the bottom.

I think we are probably heading for another steady mid table season - no bad thing, it means one more year off the contracts of the expensive crocks and closer to us being able to build a different type of squad.

Think mid table is the minimum we can hope for. in the last 8 games or so Jos was really starting to find his feet. So aslong as our best players are not sold. I can only see us getting better.

Guest wilyfox

Pre-season tomorrow and we've done nowt. Like a naughty school kid that hasn't done their homework. DC'll have to say dog ate his. 

Just now, StudentOwl said:

To be fair, apart from some big-money moves from Forest... have their been much in the way of other movements? 

It's been slow from us for sure, but I kinda feel that the whole window has been a bit slow so far

If you believe Nixon (the bloke on Twitter, not the dead ex-president of the United States), then our transfer business is contingent on shipping Rhodes off. 

So, until he goes off to Norwich (or whoever), then business is likely to be slow. 

As you say, I'm not sure there's been a load of business Championship wise. Forest are obviously making marquee signings (which is dodgy as feck btw), but outside of that it hasn't exactly been lively. I'd expect it to pick up more in July and after the World Cup has finished. 

Our neighbours have signed one player? A goalkeeper on loan? 

It wasn’t exactly busy last summer, so this summer’s lack of activity is no surprise. You’ll only see real change next summer but it remains to be seen if it’s Chansiri and Lukuhay still calling the shots? Personally I think Chansiri will look to sell up if we’re still a championship club this time next year?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

15 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

It wasn’t exactly busy last summer, so this summer’s lack of activity is no surprise. You’ll only see real change next summer but it remains to be seen if it’s Chansiri and Lukuhay still calling the shots? Personally I think Chansiri will look to sell up if we’re still a championship club this time next year?

Not a chance.

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Not a chance.

You don’t think? He’ll have been involved with club for the best part of 5 years and he would’ve expected us to be back in the Prem within that time IMO? If we’re still in this division or worse I expect him to at least review his position?

10 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Robert Huth being linked with a free transfer move to Villa

I dont see how Villa could afford more wages than us ... If we were interested of course 

I wouldn’t like to see him here if am honest, his race has been run 

wouldn’t mind us going in for Danny Batth personally 

44 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Robert Huth being linked with a free transfer move to Villa

I dont see how Villa could afford more wages than us ... If we were interested of course 

Not for me. If we get Venancio would be happy with him, Lees, Pudil, Van Aken,  Thornily with maybe a loan to come in if Jos thinks we need 2 first team players per position  with Nelson and O'Grady as back up. 

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I like the idea of a player like Huth, if not him, someone, who if we play three at the back, can take that central role 

Aren't you usually a proponent of getting rid of the older, high wage players? I don't think signing a 33 year old, high wage centre back keeps with that