#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Lets hope not.

Might not be popular, but we're in a predicament with players like Bannan & Hooper. One year left to run on their contracts; DC has a decision to make whether to renew or trade assets before we lose them for nowt. 

47 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Could be a possible exchange, Bannan for Roberts? 

In FFP terms, if we need to raise cash I don’t know if it would work. If they have a similar fee and wage, it would have a neutral effect (unless I’m missing something).

Presumably we need to raise funds and bring players in on a reduced budget.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

In FFP terms, if we need to raise cash I don’t know if it would work. If they have a similar fee and wage, it would have a neutral effect (unless I’m missing something).

We may be on the limit, but perhaps not over it. Who knows?! I don't. 

But as things stand we're two right-sided centre-halves down on last season, so something needs to give. 

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

We may be on the limit, but perhaps not over it. Who knows?! I don't. 

But as things stand we're two right-sided centre-halves down on last season, so something needs to give. 

Yep we certainly need someone. I suspect on loan or a free. I think we missed a good one in Sonny Bradley but that’s just me! 

2 hours ago, Hitcat said:

@reluctantnicko: Birmingham City. Active on a midfielder. 3m range. So there must be money. Don’t think they will get the chap all the same. But that’s an eye opener.

Bazza?

Abdi ? lol

On 20/06/2018 at 22:06, JaddyOwl said:

Shoot me down for this if you want but speaking to my work colleague who is also Wednesday through and through.

Regarding raising funds if its possible to start a go fund me page or similar to raise funds from FANS and fans alone eg £10/fan no more no less. Once collected hand it straight over to Chansiri to go fetch Venancio and Max Clark obvs we would need 20000 fans at £10 to raise 2mill. 

Im not sure on tax imolications but think of the media coverage alone and it would be a great way to reiterate our dedication back to our Chairman who in due course will show us as fans much more back.

Not taking the mick deay serious cant we get this sorted???

It couldn’t work for a club at our level, but in fairness quite a few clubs lower down the pyramid do this fairly regularly.

My second side, Bradford Park Avenue, set up a players fund in the run in last season to bring in some loan and out of contract players to help secure a play off spot, which we eventually did. Fans would donate as much as they wanted and the money was ring-fenced to be used on players.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

It couldn’t work for a club at our level, but in fairness quite a few clubs lower down the pyramid do this fairly regularly.

My second side, Bradford Park Avenue, set up a players fund in the run in last season to bring in some loan and out of contract players to help secure a play off spot, which we eventually did. Fans would donate as much as they wanted and the money was ring-fenced to be used on players.

Football - Robbing the poor to give to the Rich. 

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

I would love Bannan to be still with us next season , but only if he signs new contract otherwise we will be losing another salable player for nothing next summer.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

I cannot see us signing anyone until we manage to ship a couple out . I think the key to our summer business is Rhodes . 

Would be a shame 

New signing pre seasons in October, have hampered us many times before