#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Thats what we thought too when we signed him. If he goes somewhere where they stick with him though I think he will get himself going again. 

Which is only good news for us.

If they loan him for the season and he does well, his reputation will grow again and so will his transfer fee, it's a win win situation for us with a large chunk of his wages off the books.

34 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

I thought DC said he wouldn't subsidise loans.

He did, but he is going to have to compromise at some point to rectify some potentially poor recruitment decisions. Either we pay 100% for someone not to get a game of take a percentage hit on wages to allow us to reinvest.

27 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Which is only good news for us.

If they loan him for the season and he does well, his reputation will grow again and so will his transfer fee, it's a win win situation for us with a large chunk of his wages off the books.

I suppose if it’s a loan similar to the one we did with Boro, the fee may be agreed beforehand but offset to assist with FFP.

35 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Fletcher offers more than Rhodes.

But he's never fit from one injury to the next. We have a cheaper version who does the same in Nuihu so if we can offload then we need to hes on in the region of £35-40,000 so we need aging players like him off the wage bill. As everyone fit he probably won't make the match day 18.

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Thats what we thought too when we signed him. If he goes somewhere where they stick with him though I think he will get himself going again. 

I still don't really see why we can't do that.

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Theyre having an abysmal summer.

They are 

I understand that it’s difficult to fill pages when nothings happening, but to use players tweets and Instagram posts to create articles is pretty pathetic 

4 minutes ago, George said:

I still don't really see why we can't do that.

Maybe the game has moved on, 442 formations with two out and out wingers supplying two strikers who play high up the pitch are few and far between (more is the pity). Going back to his Middlesbrough days, Rhodes has struggled when asked to play on his own up front or with a deep lying attacker. 

He does his best work feeding off a target man and to facilitate this, leaves us too open defensively 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

If Norwich buy Rhodes maybe the club can give them Fletcher as well in a BOGOF deal :duntmatter:

Fletcher scored some important goals for us .him and hooper looked good as a combination

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

But he's never fit from one injury to the next. We have a cheaper version who does the same in Nuihu so if we can offload then we need to hes on in the region of £35-40,000 so we need aging players like him off the wage bill. As everyone fit he probably won't make the match day 18.

That never fit cack is summat started on here, and i would like to take Mr Chairman at his word when he said nobody earns more than £30,000 at this club, of course there are those that persist in saying otherwise  !!