#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

For me the hardest to replace is Forestieri, purely because he gets you on the edge of your seat. With savvy work in the transfer market we can replace the likes of Lees and Bannan and already have a ready-made replacement in Dawson for Westwood (albeit lacking in experience). Let's face it, nobody really knew Lees or Bannan would be as good as they were when they signed for us for virtually nothing so there's no reason we can't do the same again. It's all about getting the money that these players are worth - if sold.

You just know if we sell FF it will be less than 10 million and less than 4 million if BB goes. 

We have an awful record when it comes to selling players. Even in recent times we let Antonio go for peanuts, luckily the sell on clause helped us get a bit more but we still got a raw deal there. 

6 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

You just know if we sell FF it will be less than 10 million and less than 4 million if BB goes. 

We have an awful record when it comes to selling players. Even in recent times we let Antonio go for peanuts, luckily the sell on clause helped us get a bit more but we still got a raw deal there. 

That was under a different regime, last summer we laughed off £12m for FF from Fulham and £5m from Birmingham for Bannan. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

We did an awful deal for Antonio but that was Milan rather than Chansiri. We supposedly turned down 6m for Bannan last summer, but his contract situation would dictate 

There is some reyt flappy posts on here. FF and Bannan will not leave. 

Yes, we need to trim our wages and I expect Rhodes will leave within the next couple of weeks and the Club will try and move some others on. No way will Chansiri sell our Crown Jewels. I expect a promotion push next season - if we can keep our key players fit and we can bring in the right player, we may have a chance.

I would imagine there is a lot of work going on with contracts, a year from now this lot can go for free. How many of these are we trying to get to sign new contracts before the season starts.

Gary Hooper , Barry Bannan , George Boyd , Jack Hunt , Almen Abdi , Luca Joao , Marco Matias , Keiren Westwood , David Jones , Kieran Lee , Morgan Fox , Liam Palmer.

for me , Hooper , Bannan , Hunt , Joao , Westwood . If these do not want to sign a new contract , we must try at least get a fee for them now . 

jku90whjlkjbwbta1g4b8h89fh8sgh8d

Guest wilyfox
20 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

One I have been told is Oliver Burke swap season long loan with Rhodes.

Yeah right, dream on! Lol

It’s just the Wednesdayite way to expect us to sell players for a pittance, me personally I think DC will drive a very hard bargain

Very much doubt we would sell for a pittance but I also doubt we'd get circa 15 million for FF or 8-10 million for BB like some have mentioned on here. The interest from lots of different suitors means we 'should' be able to push the price for Forestieri over the 10 million mark though. If (like some have said) we need to sell to get funds for strengthening then the ball has to start rolling soon or we will have another season where we are playing catch-up again.

I'm sure there's plenty of work going on behind the scenes and nobody only those inside the hierarchy at the club have the real facts. 

3 hours ago, Owl Rly said:

I’m staggered as to why people will think we will sell those players and for a pittance. I am confident that with Meire in charge we can get some decent fees for the first time, if any one or both of Wee Baz and FF

I hope you are right, the truth is that every player has a price, even Courtinho or Salah. So I just hope that if FF and Baz do get sold that we get at least over £15m for both, and then reinvest some of that on younger players with potential. I think most fans would accept that. It will be absolutely criminal if we let them go on the cheap and if they do then the club will have a lot to answer for. Here’s hoping they won’t have to 

edit, in fact I think we should be looking for £20m for both in today’s ridiculous market prices 

Edited by Southie_Owl