#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

I see Sunderland Chairman has said there has been no contact with Sunderland regarding players. This shows report in papers was Agency generated and is good news in we are no longer being solely guided by a certain group of Agency's.

1 hour ago, jack whitham said:

João Amaral, Salvador Agra and Cristian Arango will know the future in the week that starts tomorrow, Record said . The three players already know that they do not tell Rui Vitória next season and are studying at this time the best solutions to pursue their career next season.

As we have already written, the fate of João Amaral, hired this seasoned to V. Setúbal, could go through English football.Sheffield Wednesday, the team that plays in the Championship (2nd Division), has already announced that they would like to have the extreme next season and the incarnates only wait for the proposal to reach the Light.

Wednesday have no interest in him.

1 hour ago, jack whitham said:

João Amaral, Salvador Agra and Cristian Arango will know the future in the week that starts tomorrow, Record said . The three players already know that they do not tell Rui Vitória next season and are studying at this time the best solutions to pursue their career next season.

As we have already written, the fate of João Amaral, hired this seasoned to V. Setúbal, could go through English football.Sheffield Wednesday, the team that plays in the Championship (2nd Division), has already announced that they would like to have the extreme next season and the incarnates only wait for the proposal to reach the Light.

That copper from Allo Allo wrote that. 

• Haha 2

Jokanovic benched Nando for the majority of time he was at Watford. 

I'd think Fulham will be looking at better options tbh than a 28 year old with no track record in the top flight. 

That Mail article seems like typical page filler, lazy journalism. Says we are selling due to mounting debt, no mention of the real reason which is FFP. 

Who knows...needless to say, we should prepare ourselves for story after story. 

Oh and according to Nixon, Nottingham Forest are now Mendes new project. 

Expect him to part finance their promotion push like he seemingly did at Wolves. Dodgy as hell, but as long as the EFL keep their focus on punishing teams for spending their own money (like us, potentially) then it's all good. 

1 hour ago, Pulcinella said:

If Fessi is on his way - and I pray to God that he isn’t as he’s been our best player for 3 seasons - then he better get a very big transfer fee.

If he stays at the club will it be down to you praying to God?  If so can you then pray that we get promoted? 

Edited by Watson
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Oh and according to Nixon, Nottingham Forest are now Mendes new project. 

Expect him to part finance their promotion push like he seemingly did at Wolves. Dodgy as hell, but as long as the EFL keep their focus on punishing teams for spending their own money (like us, potentially) then it's all good. 

What does Mendes want to do then get as many clubs in the prem as he can then dominant English football. 

or have enough premier league clubs votes at meetings so he can sway opinions. 

Why another champ club invested in heavily. makes little sense.

Edited by pazowl55

21 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

What does Mendes want to do then get as many clubs in the prem as he can then dominant English football. 

or have enough premier league clubs votes at meetings so he can sway opinions. 

Why another champ club invested in heavily. makes little sense.

Its all dodgy and hopefully will end in massive debts and complete failure . Marinakis and Mendes what a dubious combination.

Obviously we would be laughing at others giving out if we were the ones Mendes was helping, not Forrest. The football league do seriously need to look at it regardless of whether Forest go up or not. 

Modern day football is not the type of football I grew up with. There were always big clubs and clubs who got a sugar daddy owner I.e Blackburn and Newcastle. However, if you told me 20 years ago, that an agent would have enough influence and financial clout to pick a championship club at random to get them promoted, I would say that's taking away the competitiveness out of the league and could only last so long. 

The championship as a league is vastly underrated and the fact that Sunderland finished bottom were the only team not to concede to the top team shows that anything can happen. It would be a travesty if that was to change 

Norwich coming in hard for Ben Marshall, according to Nixon. As the competition is against Millwall they might well succeed. Good signing IMO and a pity we are short of funds. Will be interesting to see if there is any movement on the transfer front this week as the players return on the 25th.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

Football has always found a way to kick Wednesday in the balls, certainly since I’ve been following them. 

Whether it’s the obscene premier league money that started to be given out since 2000 after we got relegated, as well as the parachute payments we missed out on, to nowadays when having a sugar daddy owner doesn’t help because there’s a limit to how much of his own money he can spend. 

And even when we develop our own youngsters they are moving on just as they start their senior careers.

im feeling a bit disillusioned by it all at the moment and the stories of selling our best players FF, and Bannan doesn’t help.

i just hope Jos is able to unearth some cheap gems this summer and that we can have a team we enjoy going to watch. Everything else seems to be upto the footballing gods/rich pr*cks, to decide our fate. 

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

Don't let the b'stards get you down. Whoever goes, I prefer to get excited over who takes their place. I believe in evolution of the team and a right time to trade players. We'll be reyt. 

9 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Football has always found a way to kick Wednesday in the balls, certainly since I’ve been following them. 

Whether it’s the obscene premier league money that started to be given out since 2000 after we got relegated, as well as the parachute payments we missed out on, to nowadays when having a sugar daddy owner doesn’t help because there’s a limit to how much of his own money he can spend. 

And even when we develop our own youngsters they are moving on just as they start their senior careers.

im feeling a bit disillusioned by it all at the moment and the stories of selling our best players FF, and Bannan doesn’t help.

i just hope Jos is able to unearth some cheap gems this summer and that we can have a team we enjoy going to watch. Everything else seems to be upto the footballing gods/rich pr*cks, to decide our fate. 

Agree, have felt and thought along the same lines the past couple of seasons especially. However the last part of your post is the ray of positivity and momentum we can build upon and use to our advantage. As others will be throwing money around and rebuilding, if we can take a leaf out of the book of the likes of Cardiff last season and really get behind Jos without any expectation or pressure, then there's still a chance for us to be in or around the mix next season. Keeping a couple of our key players will be key along with the youngsters and a fitter squad combined with experience and Jos' management style. Jos' first season is going to be intriguing and interesting.

Edited by Mr. Wednesday
strange filter
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I’ve said it several times but I think we’ll go with what we’ve already got. It’s our best chance of challenging next season. If we have an overhaul starting now it’ll take us a season or two to get back at the level we are at now and I think Chansiri is desperate to get promotion a.s.a.p.?

I agree. I'm happy to go with the existing squad too....... just keep injury free!!

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

I agree. I'm happy to go with the existing squad too....... just keep injury free!!

How can we go with what we've got when we only have one senior right-sided centre-half?! 

Funny isn’t it that we spend twenty years dealing with our debt without doing what palace Leeds st al did. Get a guy with money with a plan and the league say fool that you can’t buy your way out ( unless you do it really quickly).  It’s the Wednesday way.