#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

Year after year we have been told we are not a selling club so whats changed?

okay you can say we are in debt! No more than other teams though and so what so we sell our best assets instead of getting rid of the deadwood including Fletcher, Rhodes, Matias, Palmer, Jones, Abdi (all havent done a deal).

instead by keeping the above names we continue to run up debt on injured, poor performing players on massive wages. We  sell fessi bannan etc but all that money pays for the others wages. Down we go to league 1 then still nothing from the above because they are injured stealing wages.

Fessi not going anywhere cos he loves us and Bannan hates Birmingham 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JaddyOwl said:

Year after year we have been told we are not a selling club so whats changed?

okay you can say we are in debt! No more than other teams though and so what so we sell our best assets instead of getting rid of the deadwood including Fletcher, Rhodes, Matias, Palmer, Jones, Abdi (all havent done a deal).

instead by keeping the above names we continue to run up debt on injured, poor performing players on massive wages. We  sell fessi bannan etc but all that money pays for the others wages. Down we go to league 1 then still nothing from the above because they are injured stealing wages.

Fessi not going anywhere cos he loves us and Bannan hates Birmingham 

Sounds good in theory, the problem is who is going to take these players ?

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

People need to realise the likes of Abdi, Rhodes, Fletcher will be incredibly hard to move on. 

Bannan and Forestieri on the other hand, two of the divisions best players.

I feel we would be more likely to sell Westwood and Hooper, both of whom are quality players but are probably easier to replace than FF and Bannan.

okay you can say we are in debt! No more than other teams though and so what so we sell our best assets instead of getting rid of the deadwood including Fletcher, Rhodes, Matias, Palmer, Jones, Abdi (all havent done a deal).

6 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Sounds good in theory, the problem is who is going to take these players ?

Reckon this is what our season comes down to... if we can get rid of even just three of the above it could end up saving us at least £2.5 million a year, if not more depending on what three go and just how high their wages really are. That wouldn't leave the side any weaker realistically, and the not insignificant sum of money saved would probably be enough to ensure FFP compliance. And if we're under FFP anyway? Even better... £400k Pelupessy wasn't a bad get... what could Jos do with £2m to play with? 

Yep, it's going to come down to luck and salesmanship. Katrien's going to be really earning her money if she can pull this off. 

17 minutes ago, halesowenowl said:

In for Peter Zulj at Sturm Graz apparently. Austrian international midfielder.

Ive just had a watch of him on youtube i can safely say its the first time ive known a "highlights" reel show the player falling over as one of its clips 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Ive just had a watch of him on youtube i can safely say its the first time ive known a "highlights" reel show the player falling over as one of its clips 

I saw that too lol

Seems that first vid literally just takes footage from a couple of games and shows every touch of the ball, the second one is a bit more of a "select" highlights package. 

17 assists last season is pretty good, but there's a big difference between the Austrian Bundesliga and the Championship. Be interesting to see if there's anything in this

8 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

I think the club could do with a rebranding to be honest. You know how we were once called The Wednesday? well I'm thinking about changing it to The Massive ... Just to annoy 50% of Sheffield 

Why would it annoy 25% of our fans?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6