#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

17 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Been out injured all season with a knee injury.

Has been known in the past to be disruptive and has been on strike.

We are in a known financial hole.

All those add up to nothing more than 10m in my opinion.

Well Gary Madine has done a few stints in the nick, flopped numerous times at Championship level and yet cash strapped Bolton still managed to get £6m for him.

We won’t get more than £10m for FF? Don’t make me laugh.

• Haha 2

12-15m for Forestieri would be tempting

i can see us moving on one big earner, and I can see it been Rhodes probably away on loan with a permanent option 

Abdi moving on will also be another big earner off the books, people are assuming just because the word in the press is we need to move out a top earner that it will be Fessi or Bannan ....   there’s numerous top earners on our books and it could easily be a Fletcher or Jones moving on 

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I reckon if someone offers us 10m for FF we should take it. 

Be stupid if we didn't.

Same goes for Bannan.

Last August the club turned down a £16m offer for Fessi at the time we wanted £18m for him, to sell him and Bannan we should be looking at £25m for the pair in today's market.

We could then replace them with either premiership loans or taking a pint on players lower down the league structure like Dacks, Maddison etc.

Every player has his price but to sell to a championship rival would be stupid unless they offer silly money for them.

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

To me Chansiri don't seem the kind of chairmen to just take whatever money he can get. 

Wouldn't surprise me if he started quoting clubs silly prices for players. bit like villa doing with Grielish.

First the stripes and now this?!?

What happened to our tradition of 'Snapping Their Hands Off For Half The Price'? lol 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Just look how much we improved on his return last season and that tells you 2 things.

1) Your valuation is pathetic

2) We must not sell

10 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Nixon tweeted we want a big earner out the club to move on in order for our summer to get going. But that player isn't budging.

Wrong.

The club aren't budging. Read the tweet again.

I'd imagine we've had some sh1tty offers in for the 'big earners'.

9 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Nuhiu has done it for the last 6 months.

WTF:

To be fair, I’ve always seem something in Nuhiu which suggests he could be a very good player, the issue was that he’d show it briefly and then look really cumbersome the next game. If he has unlocked his potential now then he could be very handy for us. The other one is Gary Hooper who scores half chances when he’s up to speed.

9 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We are not in a financial hole

9 hours ago, gurujuan said:

This, a thousand times If we are in a position where we need to sell, don’t sell our better players The thought of trading Fernando for Jordan Rhodes is absurd

Would be an absolute disaster. 

We need to get the likes of Rhodes, Fletcher, Abdi, Jones, out of the club somehow. 

I know it's easier said than done, but keeping those players and having to sell FF just to balance the books, would be a monumental fizz up.

They will be hard to move on but we’ll definitely be trying to do that before we just flog the players we want to keep.

I expect there will be some interest but Chansiri is playing hardball on wage contributions/loan fees. That takes time and the papers will fill the void with more titilating speculation.

Maybe we’ll make it work maybe we won’t. Stretch out and wait.

Thing with Abdi and jones and a few others ( not fletcher) are all out of contract next summer, so there is always an option to pay off all or part of the contract to allow them to move on.  Paying half of Jones n abdis wGes would make a lot more sense than selling B.B. or ff,

50 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

People need to realise the likes of Abdi, Rhodes, Fletcher will be incredibly hard to move on. 

Bannan and Forestieri on the other hand, two of the divisions best players.

Difference is we will be wanting millions for Bannan and Forestieri. Millions which for the last 3 seasons no one has wanted to pay. we will still be wanting the same millions. No fire sale here.

There other 3 are good players in this divison just on extremely high wages.

we were to subsidise though a bit all could quite easily be gone.

On 03/06/2018 at 10:10, Geoffrey said:

As you are ITK, please inform us who is taking on their wages.

Not that I want to quote this sorry.

we need to take off the blue n white tinted specs and realise we need to make cuts. Good offers for players will be seriously looked at. I expect serious offers for the like of FF, BB and the like. We shouldn't be surprised to see a couple of these leave.

the injured lot, and ones who frankly aren't that good I think we'll be lumbered with I.e fletcher, jones, Abdi etc etc 

• Like 1