#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

5 hours ago, Watson said:

So, many fallacies, distortions and assumptions not going to reply, I would need a whole afternoon to smash your argument to bits.

But I take your point :biggrin:

Who is the going wag? She sounds a bit of alright whoever she is. Maybe a potential owlette?

1 hour ago, Shezza said:

Great comparison. Wonder how many goals Fletcher would have scored at U-23 and U-19 level in a full season. 

lol

Didn't Hooper score like two every game he played coming back from injury once.

3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Didn't Hooper score like two every game he played coming back from injury once.

My overriding memory of Hooper is that he always scores a hat-trick, every game!!!! It's been a while though and there may be an element of rose tinted in that recollection.... lol

7 hours ago, SeeYouNextWednesday said:

I heard, from a friend close to George’s Dad, that he wanted 20k a week.

Wednesday would not  pay,  so we froze him out.

I don’t know if this is accurate but it  seems to make sense.

Get some new friends. 

8 hours ago, SeeYouNextWednesday said:

I heard, from a friend close to George’s Dad, that he wanted 20k a week.

Wednesday would not  pay,  so we froze him out.

I don’t know if this is accurate but it  seems to make sense.

If this is true, and by no means am I saying it is good riddance. 

No-one is bigger than the club

14 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

Yeah! send a highly promising youngster out on loan into the big shop window with 8 months left on his contract.WTF:

That's probably why you couldn't forge a career in football management.

I understand you're pi**ed off at the prospect of losing a good youngster but it takes two to tango and D Hirst is on record as saying that his lad would not be signing for SWFC "If I have anything to do with it" He obviously has a chip on his shoulder regarding Wednesday...and I would suggest that the statement from CC about him not getting any game time was from his boss who doesn't like being used and abused.

Yes because sending him home for 12 months like a naughty school not will have done wonders for increasing his valuation wouldn't it.

But if he had gone on loan and scored 20 goals presumably that would have had no affect. Do people even read what is post you just see Hirst and go off on one.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Yes because sending him home for 12 months like a naughty school not will have done wonders for increasing his valuation wouldn't it.

But if he had gone on loan and scored 20 goals presumably that would have had no affect. Do people even read what is post you just see Hirst and go off on one.

Probably have annoyed us even more. 

At the moment we are all guessing he may score some goals at league level.

imagine if he got 20 in league one and then said au revoir. He would have been worth about 7 million. But leaving for a minuscule amount of compensation.

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Probably have annoyed us even more. 

At the moment we are all guessing he may score some goals at league level.

imagine if he got 20 in league one and then said au revoir. He would have been worth about 7 million. But leaving for a minuscule amount of compensation.

I wish Hirst and Clare would just fizz off if there going  had enough of is he isn’t he , better youngsters to nourish and bring through .

1 minute ago, swfctc1 said:

I wish Hirst and Clare would just fizz off if there going  had enough of is he isn’t he , better youngsters to nourish and bring through .

Although I would agree with you , We will continue to produce good prospects ,Unless we pay them a decent wage ,We will continue to lose them. We produce good prospects and develop them ,Give them a decent wage ,They improve ,We have a sell on value .Or continue getting players in on massive wages their last wage before retirement ,Fletcher and jones to name 2.

No one was denying Hirst a first team shirt, we were protecting him and his reputation because...Well you know the rest....

Dooley didn't look half the footballer that George Hirst did. But when a young Dooley at U18 level scored all 14 in a 14-0 victory at Norton Woodseats the suits at Hillsborough started to take notice.

Impress and the acumen will follow ! He didn't say there is no way I'm going to Lincoln City on loan !

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

6 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

No one was denying Hirst a first team shirt, we were protecting him and his reputation because...Well you know the rest....

Dooley didn't look half the footballer that George Hirst did. But when a young Dooley at U18 level scored all 14 in a 14-0 victory at Norton Woodseats the suits at Hillsborough started to take notice.

Impress and the acumen will follow ! He didn't say there is no way I'm going to Lincoln City on loan !

Footballs changed mate Agents etc. Wonder what would have happened if Dooley had an agent ,Stupid money players get now .Footballer retires at 35 ,Christ love me are they too old to get another job .No they still want to go swanning around like play boys .I am getting more and more alienated from the game ,Little  George Hirst  wants a wage we wont pay ,Well Mr Chansiri  wants to get ready ,There will be Agents now turning the heads of other up and coming prospects ,I hate Agents with a vengeance .But its now part of the game ,We pay up or they leave , I have watched the u18 and u23 a couple of times ,And there is some Great prospects ,We will lose them I have no doubt what so ever of that ,While the cancer on football is allowed to thrive AGENTS .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, walkleyblue said:

If this is true, and by no means am I saying it is good riddance. 

No-one is bigger than the club

Wish that was true nowadays.

Rooney threatens to leave Utd for City, they up his wages massively.

PSG sacked their manager for Neymar who won't play crap league games.

44 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Although I would agree with you , We will continue to produce good prospects ,Unless we pay them a decent wage ,We will continue to lose them. We produce good prospects and develop them ,Give them a decent wage ,They improve ,We have a sell on value .Or continue getting players in on massive wages their last wage before retirement ,Fletcher and jones to name 2.

completely agree at least there is one other person who thinks of the current set up the same as me.

Clare and Hirst £5,000 - £10,000 a week each OR £4m fee and £30,000+ a week for Abdi, which would you say is better business for our club - i will give you a clue its the first one 

12 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Footballs changed mate Agents etc. Wonder what would have happened if Dooley had an agent ,Stupid money players get now .Footballer retires at 35 ,Christ love me are they too old to get another job .No they still want to go swanning around like play boys .I am getting more and more alienated from the game ,Little  George Hirst  wants a wage we wont pay ,Well Mr Chansiri  wants to get ready ,There will be Agents now turning the heads of other up and coming prospects ,I hate Agents with a vengeance .But its now part of the game ,We pay up or they leave , I have watched the u18 and u23 a couple of times ,And there is some Great prospects ,We will lose them I have no doubt what so ever of that ,While the cancer on football is allowed to thrive AGENTS .

Yep the one thing I don't understand DC has surrounded himself with people who are here to get as much out of the club as possible and give nothing back but grief.

If DC had no idea what he was doing why did he not ask Milan to stay on for the first 12 months and help him in running the club, Milans 30+ years of experience and DC financial backing. Had this happened we might now have been a premiership team for the last few years. Instead we are saddled with an aging overpaid squad with debts now £20m+ a season, probably going to get some sort of embargo or have to vastly reduce the playing staff, the fans paying some of the highest prices in the league to what a team struggle on the pitch, losing the best young players to come through the academy in years to tribunal fees which historically favour the buying team. 

We need to start next season early and not make any more of these errors.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Yep the one thing I don't understand DC has surrounded himself with people who are here to get as much out of the club as possible and give nothing back but grief.

If DC had no idea what he was doing why did he not ask Milan to stay on for the first 12 months and help him in running the club, Milans 30+ years of experience and DC financial backing. Had this happened we might now have been a premiership team for the last few years. Instead we are saddled with an aging overpaid squad with debts now £20m+ a season, probably going to get some sort of embargo or have to vastly reduce the playing staff, the fans paying some of the highest prices in the league to what a team struggle on the pitch, losing the best young players to come through the academy in years to tribunal fees which historically favour the buying team. 

That mate is a fact ,Mr Chansiri has tried to do it his way ,But Milan has a lot of experience ,What could have been learnt from.Mr Chansiri wont knock the man ,I think he is still learning ,But he will get there .

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Why dont you ask chansiri if he needs a hand ya seem to know everything about how to run a club

2 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

That mate is a fact ,Mr Chansiri has tried to do it his way ,But Milan has a lot of experience ,What could have been learnt from.Mr Chansiri wont knock the man ,I think he is still learning ,But he will get there .

The problem is he has been here 3 and half years and he is still making massive gaffs.

We Owls are simple folk give us a team of players who play for the shirt and give 100% and we are happy, give us a blue and white shirt with an Owl on it we are happy, don't charge us a fortune to see our team play and we will pay what we can if the entertainment and match day experience improves.