#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Pigs looking like signing Norwood. 

Good player. If they can get Coutts back to his previous form, a midfield 3 of him, Fleck and Norwood is strong. 

Honestly think they are only a couple of players away from challenging.

What makes you think that? they have been worse than us for the last 8 months

5 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Pigs looking like signing Norwood. 

Good player. If they can get Coutts back to his previous form, a midfield 3 of him, Fleck and Norwood is strong. 

Honestly think they are only a couple of players away from challenging.

To be fair, that middle 3 is decent for this level. However, they are pretty poor up front in my opinion and they will be hoping that Ben Woodburn impresses. We are much better than them in attacking areas but we need to find the right blend. Personally, I think we will finish above them but there won’t be much in it.

13 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

What makes you think that? they have been worse than us for the last 8 months

Just think they've got a decent balance in their team and they're tough to play against (despite poor recent results). Bit like Preston, Bristol City etc. Midtable, no real chance of going down, but a little short of challenging.

Add a couple more of good quality and there's no reason to think they can't. 

I thought the same when Stuart Gray left us. Not bigging them up too much but they're moving in the right direction imo.

21 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

To be fair, that middle 3 is decent for this level. However, they are pretty poor up front in my opinion and they will be hoping that Ben Woodburn impresses. We are much better than them in attacking areas but we need to find the right blend. Personally, I think we will finish above them but there won’t be much in it.

We are, personnel wise. 

Just think we're so unbalanced and massively lacking in certain other areas. 

When you've got the likes of Forestieri and Bannan lining up alongside Palmer, Van Aken, Fox, Pelupessy, Dawson etc, there's a gulf in quality. Reminds me of the late 90s when we had Di Canio and Carbone playing alongside Atherton and Booth

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

We are, personnel wise. 

Just think we're so unbalanced and massively lacking in certain other areas. 

When you've got the likes of Forestieri and Bannan lining up alongside Palmer, Van Aken, Fox, Pelupessy, Dawson etc, there's a gulf in quality. Reminds me of the late 90s when we had Di Canio and Carbone playing alongside Atherton and Booth

Agreed!

On 13/07/2018 at 13:04, Morepork said:

Ok I’m calling it......Time of death 12.49pm (Pacific Time Zone).

After a brave but futile battle The 2018 Official Transfer Thread eventually succumbed to “Terminal Inactive Transfer Syndrome” or T!TS.

A service in rememberence will be held at the Sheffield Buddhist Centre. No flowers, all donations to the D-Taxis Foundation for Imaginary Taxi Drivers (cash only please).

lol

Seems I may have been premature....

its-alive-gif-13.gif

Sako? Wrong side of 30, no pre-season training, not done much for a few years... can just see us offering him a nice long contract on big wages and him not contributing anything... repeating the mistakes we've made that got us into an embargo in the first place. 

Let's not eh? 

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Sako? Wrong side of 30, no pre-season training, not done much for a few years... can just see us offering him a nice long contract on big wages and him not contributing anything... repeating the mistakes we've made that got us into an embargo in the first place. 

Let's not eh? 

Sounds perfect for us lol

23 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Let's not eh? 

Our pre seasons never start until September anyway 

Any new signings will only have missed 3 or 4 walking pace knockabouts 

From what I've seen, Hooper still has 2 stone to lose lol