#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

As someone who's been banging the "let's sell Westwood" drum since March... I ruddy hope he starts on Saturday

Absolutely no point in having someone of his quality not between the sticks. I rate the youngsters, but it'd be entirely wrong to not play him if he's here and fit. 

Jos said he's 3rd choice now, joke 

25 minutes ago, Watto said:

The so called injury situation, as you well know? 

KW has probably got the hump on and could well have asked for a transfer.

I've heard he's not the most tolerant of players 

Someone at the club, directly told me that once he rejected doing a charity visit to a cause VERY close to the club. 

"Meanwhile, Luhukay has reiterated that Keiren Westwood, the Owls' first-choice goalkeeper for three and a half seasons before suffering a groin injury last year, is now behind young duo Cameron Dawson and Joe Wildsmith in the pecking order." 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

They won't have. They think we can go up for some reason. We'll be in trouble next season if we don't go up, the chairman said.

Bannan and Westwood should have both been sold this window. Both out of contact and will walk away for nothing next season. 

This squad struggled to finish lower mid table last season , so how he thinks we can be promoted this season without any new signings beggars belief. 

Just now, S36 OWL said:

This squad struggled to finish lower mid table last season , so how he thinks we can be promoted this season without any new signings beggars belief. 

A squad now minus 6 players, plus Abdi, Lee, Hooper still suffering with injuries. 

If Chansiri really thinks we can get promoted this season I would be surprised. There might be a hidden agenda to his Monday speech 

We have a habit of freezing players out for various reasons. We need to learn from that to avoid a bad reputation rightly or wrongly. If Westwood is staying here either because there’s no interest or he won’t move the play him and loan one of the younger lads out. He’s an expensive ornament otherwise 

11 minutes ago, erowl said:

Jos will end up backing himself into a corner with KW

It only needs a few games where the young keepers are shipping goals and Jos will get it full pelt from the fans.

Ridiculous situation we've created

Yep. Sadly that's how the club rolls these days.