#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

I'm obviously delighted we've kept our best players

However, now my genuine fear is that DC has risked the entire financial future of the club by keeping these players instead of selling to give us even a tiny amount of wiggle room. I appreciate that's a highly pessimistic viewpoint... I'm sure the powers-that-be have done the required maths to ensure that we're not going to be (further) crippled by keeping them. But at the same time, I can't help but be fearful. Fingers crossed eh chaps 

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

However, now my genuine fear is that DC has risked the entire financial future of the club by keeping these players instead of selling to give us even a tiny amount of wiggle room. I appreciate that's a highly pessimistic viewpoint... I'm sure the powers-that-be have done the required maths to ensure that we're not going to be (further) crippled by keeping them. But at the same time, I can't help but be fearful. Fingers crossed eh chaps 

They won't have. They think we can go up for some reason. We'll be in trouble next season if we don't go up, the chairman said.

Bannan and Westwood should have both been sold this window. Both out of contact and will walk away for nothing next season. 

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

This ^^^. 

I wonder what what is worst case scenario. We allow out of contract players to leave, Lee, Palmer, Bannan, Westwood, Jaoa, Hooper, Matias, Abdi, Jones (think that’s it) all leave free. 

Fessi, Reach, Lees, Winall any other salable asset made available. And kids / freebies used to full those gaps. 

1 minute ago, marshy said:

If Westwood isn't starting on Saturday then you have to ask WTF is going on. I can see the not playing him if he was about to leave, but as it's not happened he surely has to start doesn't he? 

He won’t start and we all know it!

41 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Well that was...... exciting. Westwood should be made our number one now, he wont but bloody should be.

Definitely been a falling out between him and the management and if it plays out like mcgugan's well it'll be scandalous !

If DC has  got any say on it then I'm afraid KW could well be frozen out 

Just now, Watson said:

What have they fallen out over?  

The so called injury situation, as you well know? 

KW has probably got the hump on and could well have asked for a transfer.

I've heard he's not the most tolerant of players 

8 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I figured that if the mad plan is to solve all our problems by getting promoted then we wouldn’t sell anyone this week in order to see how it goes. If it’s not going well in January then there will be a few big sales to balance the books... ish. Although it’s just occurred to me that knowing our luck we’ll be about 4th come January, tantalisingly close to the automatic spots so we’ll hang on to the players only to drop away and be thoroughly buggered for a couple of years. Then again, that’s not likely either is it. So yeah, players to be flogged in January bar a miracle or some (more) rank stupidity.

4 minutes ago, Watto said:

The so called injury situation, as you well know? 

KW has probably got the hump on and could well have asked for a transfer.

I've heard he's not the most tolerant of players 

Heard from who? 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Fulham really have signed some quality in this window. I’m shocked just how much money they have spent. Wish it was us. That Hull game will haunt me for a long time. 

I can’t fathom why some of those players have signed for Fulham and I’m positive we’d not have attracted them, maybe it’s the London thing? 

But, completely agree that the pull of premiership and clever use of Sky’s money could have set us up for a generation!