#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

Just now, malek said:

If we only didn't spend so much on players that were brought in as back ups, and trusted U-23's to step in when needed we would have been in much better situation right now.

I agree, unfortunately it’s hard to do that when expected to challenge. That’s the luxury that Preston, Brentford, Barnsley etc have, and that I’m really envious of in many ways. That’s why in new season and new expectations we had a prime opportunity. 

I fear we are stringing it out though and likely to lose a fair bit of value on transfers in doing so. At least some of kids getting a chance, just feel we could really try to do it a bit braver! 

2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think the way the EFL are handling our situation is a total joke. I mean public statements can be made with regards to Birmingham plus they are being allowed to sign up to 5 players yet it’s all cloak and dagger with regards to us? It’s bizarre to say the very least?

Our situation might be a lot worse than Brums so that might be the reason for the smoke and mirrors IMO.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Hefele signs for forest for just £300,000

His injury last year (if I’m thinking of right player) be a worry, maybe reflected in price. There have been a fair few bargains I’d say so far this window: 

Douglas to Leeds, Mckay to Swansea spring to mind too. 

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

His injury last year (if I’m thinking of right player) be a worry, maybe reflected in price. There have been a fair few bargains I’d say so far this window: 

Douglas to Leeds, Mckay to Swansea spring to mind too. 

I think we wasted too much in the last few years that could have been better spent. But have we learnt our lesson? your guess is as good as mine.

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Well that was...... exciting. Westwood should be made our number one now, he wont but bloody should be.

Absolutely! We have 2 exciting young keepers but one should go on loan to a league 1 side for the season and the other should be back up.

Hes a very good keeper is Westwood and if Chansiri wants promotion this year, whilst unlikely, he will have a damn sight better chance with Westwood in the nets.

I honestly think he won’t be involved as we will try and shift him through the loan window with a view of a permanent.

But what happens then if he doesn’t go? We are then freezing out a top keeper who is an excellent and respected professional and is popular amongst players and fans. Westwood doesn’t deserve it!

As someone who's been banging the "let's sell Westwood" drum since March... I ruddy hope he starts on Saturday

Absolutely no point in having someone of his quality not between the sticks. I rate the youngsters, but it'd be entirely wrong to not play him if he's here and fit. 

• Like 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Not playing Westwood now just makes no sense. He is the best keeper we have, one of the best in the league.Talk about cutting your nose of to spite your face. If DC has made the decision not to play him its a disgrace.

DC was proved right with George Hirst wasn't he?  :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I know we haven't brought in any new additions, but I think it's a big plus that we have held onto our best players, even more important under the circumstances. 

Exactly this, all I wanted today was to keep Bannan, Fessi etc, and weve done that, so I'm happy

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I think we wasted too much in the last few years that could have been better spent. But have we learnt our lesson? your guess is as good as mine.

of course we've learnt our lesson, we have signed nobody....thats a start :picnic:

• Haha 1