#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Mardy Bum said:

Wait so other clubs are struggling with money, but yet still signing players and here we are doing nothing. It’s either one rule or the other. 

Doesn’t look like Brum are having too much luck at the moment.....

Birmingham City’s move for Swedish striker Joel Mumbongo has fallen through after the EFL blocked the transfer, according to the Birmingham Mail.

Mumbongo has been training with Blues recently and agreed terms on a contract at St Andrew’s but they haven’t been able to complete a deal for the highly-rated 19-year-old.

Just now, Bloxwich Owl said:

Doesn’t look like Brum are having too much luck at the moment.....

Birmingham City’s move for Swedish striker Joel Mumbongo has fallen through after the EFL blocked the transfer, according to the Birmingham Mail.

Mumbongo has been training with Blues recently and agreed terms on a contract at St Andrew’s but they haven’t been able to complete a deal for the highly-rated 19-year-old.

It's a Mumbongo Embargo.

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

I said on here months ago i long for us to be run like PNE..

Add Brentford to the list now and of course the holy grail of proper football clubs, Burnley

I said last season I’m so envious at times of the Brentford model, no pressure or expectations so they can persevere with young prospects. Bring through youth players / sign raw talent and allow game time without immediate demands. 

This season in my opinion was an ideal opportunity, but to do it we’d have needed to shift a lot more out. Fessi, Bannan, fletcher, hooper, Westwood, Lees, all in theory could go. Being replaced with low cost options such as Mckay that Swansea snapped up for 500k, Tilt to Ipswich not to mention the youth / second string we have already at club. 

In theory our back 5 and keeper could all be already at club, just in need of toughening up / experience: 

Dawson/Wildsmith, Baker, Penney, Neilson, JvA, Thornely already at club. 

Uptop you you already have Jaoa, Winall looking good at this level for less than the 30k salaries of Fessi, Hooper, Fletcher... add Preston and you young lad scoring for fun into that mix, with Nuhiu who isn’t breaking bank and Mckay / Matias and you have good attacking options too. 

This season could have seen us clear debts/FFP, bed in kids, run down the sick bay contracts and set us up for next year to add to our then youthful yet experienced squad. 

Has been said before but all the other clubs in the Championship..including Birmingham to a certain degree are pushing on and signing players leaving us well behind, have a feeling the FL may have already notified us on the decision..maybe Chansiri just does not want to spend which his his right but once the season starts and we struggle and suffer injuries we are in deep trouble.

7 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Has been said before but all the other clubs in the Championship..including Birmingham to a certain degree are pushing on and signing players leaving us well behind, have a feeling the FL may have already notified us on the decision..maybe Chansiri just does not want to spend which his his right but once the season starts and we struggle and suffer injuries we are in deep trouble.

Calm down.

Clubs can still sign loan players up until the end of the month. Still time for us to get our house in order and bring in a body or too. We've no idea what the current dialogue is between us and the EFL re: umbongo.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Don't think that's the case. He seemed genuinely frustrated he wasn't allowed to sign players or extend contracts. 

Edited by striker

I wouldn’t get too carried away if our squad stays the same come 5:00pm. None of our players were ever going to be targets for the premier league clubs and I suspect we’ll remain vulnerable to being raided right until the end of the month?

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Which is ironic because she has a face for tv and a voice for ear plugs 

Ya wouldn't be saying that if she whispered filth in your lug-hole.  

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Correct

Says who though, our great leaders, the bastions of truth?!

Chansiri could put an additional £3.8m in per season for ‘sponsorship’ but he’s not. EFL comment on Birmingham’s situation but ‘demand’ SWFC not to tell anyone. 

Something smells fishy to me. Old tuna pockets.  

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

I said last season I’m so envious at times of the Brentford model, no pressure or expectations so they can persevere with young prospects. Bring through youth players / sign raw talent and allow game time without immediate demands. 

This season in my opinion was an ideal opportunity, but to do it we’d have needed to shift a lot more out. Fessi, Bannan, fletcher, hooper, Westwood, Lees, all in theory could go. Being replaced with low cost options such as Mckay that Swansea snapped up for 500k, Tilt to Ipswich not to mention the youth / second string we have already at club. 

In theory our back 5 and keeper could all be already at club, just in need of toughening up / experience: 

Uptop you you already have Jaoa, Winall looking good at this level for less than the 30k salaries of Fessi, Hooper, Fletcher... add Preston and you young lad scoring for fun into that mix, with Nuhiu who isn’t breaking bank and Mckay / Matias and you have good attacking options too. 

This season could have seen us clear debts/FFP, bed in kids, run down the sick bay contracts and set us up for next year to add to our then youthful yet experienced squad. 

Completely agree but I think the club are instead adopting the 

Image result for head in the sand

And of course expecting promotion to sort all of our woes :duntmatter:

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

If we only didn't spend so much on players that were brought in as back ups, and trusted U-23's to step in when needed we would have been in much better situation right now.

• Like 1