#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

8 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Malone is a cracking signing for Derby. I think they've conducted some cracking business on paper this summer. 

Some decent signings but seems very odd given that they were up against FFP when Rowett left. I know they’ve sold players but I can’t see them reducing losses significantly if at all.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Some decent signings but seems very odd given that they were up against FFP when Rowett left. I know they’ve sold players but I can’t see them reducing losses significantly if at all.

Well they've pretty much spent exactly the same as they've received this summer so I can't see how they'd be in trouble for next season either. That's going off the fact they made a 8-9M profit on transfers last season and a net spend of just £1M or so for the year before. It was the 15/16 season that they last made a loss of around £30M in transfer spenditure. 

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Banking on a bit of lampard magic to get them up ain't they.

Otherwise be in same position as us probably.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Banking on a bit of lampard magic to get them up ain't they.

Otherwise be in same position as us probably.

Not made a loss on transfer money for 3 years. So I bet they'll be fine to keep going to be honest! If they don't make it this season they'll be good to go next season for another attempt. I can't see us having that capability. Already said, as depressing as it sounds, that I think we are in for a QPR or Forest type lull of 2-3 seasons+. Sad really. 

22 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Well they've pretty much spent exactly the same as they've received this summer so I can't see how they'd be in trouble for next season either. That's going off the fact they made a 8-9M profit on transfers last season and a net spend of just £1M or so for the year before. It was the 15/16 season that they last made a loss of around £30M in transfer spenditure. 

Mel Morris and Rowett both openly talked of cutbacks being required this summer to avoid FFP trouble and their supporters are talking about it now. Lampard comes in and they have brought in numerous players, the cited fees for Josefzoon and Waghorn alone already take up the vydra fee, then add Evans, Malone a couple more loans and I might’ve missed some. The various fees will be offset over a contract but 3 players leaving and adding another few to the wage bill is at odds with the message earlier this summer. Unless he was lying for whatever reason. 

Theres net spend but there’s also a huge wage bill.

Edited by Bluesteel

Derby will be fine, they've sold players as well over the last 3 seasons. The likes of Will Hughes, Tom Ince, Matej Vydra, Cyrus Christie brought in 30 million in the last 2 seasons alone. This is where we miss the boat as we just buy and don't sell when the time is right. You can only sustain that for so long.