#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

I'm not against selling any player, but don't think even a £15m sale would allow us to replace a player like FF with sufficient quality.

Would probably balance the FFP books but doesn't leave much, if anything to replace.

In principle, for a 29 year old with 2 years left on a contract, it is a good time to maximise his asset value, but in our situation feel there is greater value having him on the pitch for us.

3 minutes ago, Owls99er said:

Didn’t DC say he wasn’t going to sell him?

Didn't he say we were going to go all out for promotion.

Didn't he also say we were paying high prices for continued investment in the team.,

Point of reference don't believe a great deal that he's says most of it is not the whole truth.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jamienoga said:

15+ million over 3/4 years or 11 million one off payment

You might as well take the £15m. Even if it is over 3 years it is shown as £5m cash in the accounts and the balance as money owed to us. As far as I'm aware that all counts for FFP.

FFP is based on the accounts not cash flow which is something different. 

Shame we couldn't have conducted our business a lot smarter over the last 18 months or so then we'd have been able to keep transitioning the squad like other clubs that we were supposed to be competing with are. I've had more than my say on that over the last few days on here but it still grates that we've been mismanaged and a lot of fans are ignoring that fact. A club doesn't have to have run itself into a stand still with FFP like we have. Unfortunately we haven't had the right people in charge of decisions to do some basic financial planning. Going off on a tangent now but it's when I see other clubs still improving their squads like this that it is frustrating as hell. 

• Like 3