#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Take a step back,and if ya have a moment,look at who they have "tried" for (so far),Winnall.............nope,Jaoa............nope,Waghorn........nope,Nugent........nope,as someone has alluded to already,offering is different to signing all brownie points for Pep guardiwilder and his chest thumpin rounduns.

I'm glad we're not starting a season with Leon Clarke and David McGoldrick as our first choice strikers garymegson

Aston Villa have been linked with a shock swoop for Spain international striker Alvaro Negredo.

Reports in Turkey on Tuesday suggest Villa have joined Premier League new boys Cardiff City in the race for the powerful forward.

Negredo was one of many high profile footballers to sign for Besiktas last summer but is expected to depart Turkey after just one season.

Former Manchester City and Middlesbrough centre-forward Negredo scored seven times in 31 appearances in the Super Lig for Besiktas last season as they finished in fourth-place and four points behind champions Galatasaray.

21 hours ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Villa signing a full back for £6 million .Why cant every team follow them ,Clear debt with another owner .

Daft how they can spend that sort of money yet we maybe can't even make a loan deal

On 06/08/2018 at 19:04, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Villa signing a full back for £6 million .Why cant every team follow them ,Clear debt with another owner .

My understanding was that the good doctor him indoors couldn’t get his money out of China to bankroll Villa hence the hmrc issues. Nw people came in and paid up all the tax issues etc. However they have no idea embargo yet. Next season they will do so they’re going all out for promotion again this year. May well be miles over he limits if hey miss out. 

Just now, splan80 said:

Oh how I wish we'd have signed guardiora (prob spelt wrong) after the playoff final defeat as I'd said. Was available on a cheap back then. One of the pieces we needed and still do.

100% agree. The type of player we have been missing for so long. Weren’t we linked with him or was it just talk on here?