#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, owlZfan84 said:

It's going to end in tears for Lampard @ Derby, believe you me.

post-445-0-66727900-1449323263.png

10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We should be trying to sign Iorfa from Wolves available to sign/loan and would sort a lot of our right sided issues. Loan to Ipswich last season and not wanted with Wolves promotion to the PL.

Struggled to get into the ITFC side, last season. 

Probably better than we have though 

Edited by camffiti

1 minute ago, camffiti said:

post-445-0-66727900-1449323263.png

Struggled to get into the ITFC side, last season. 

Probably better than we have though 

Didn't he play 20 odd games for them, former England under 21 international and at 23 will get better with game time. 6ft 2 so should be a threat in both boxes can play centre back as well as right back and full back with ourselves being skint a player who can play numerous roles well would be perfect for us.

14 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Weird that both Leeds and Derby mentioned as both have been touted as clubs that are at risk of FFP. Can’t imagine Brentford sell any players cheap? 

Seen that Ollie Watkins is being touted at 15m on bbc gossip page a year after hisc1.6m purchase. 

Erm, show me one report that states Leeds are struggling with FFP? We're one of a few teams that aren't this season..

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Didn't he play 20 odd games for them, former England under 21 international and at 23 will get better with game time. 6ft 2 so should be a threat in both boxes can play centre back as well as right back and full back with ourselves being skint a player who can play numerous roles well would be perfect for us.

I agree. Realistically, he could be worth a punt 

He kept getting dropped for Jordan Spence though :carlosswfc:

• Haha 1

Are Forest the new Wolves or the new Wednesday?

They've gone absolutely balls out and spent £24m net this season so far including £13.5m on a young Portuguese attacking midfielder. Squad has 5 keepers, 12 defenders, 11 midfield, 9 strikers and nearly all first teamers (i.e not like some of our squad) and that's not including about 6 that they've sent out on loan. Their wage bill must be flipping huge attracting Dawson, Robinson and Pantillimon. And how is Karanka gonna use 9 strikers???  

image.thumb.png.ac51ef49adb030f1d9d8adc38413d943.png  

They already have 4 strikers on newish 4 year contracts Clough, Lolley, Vellios, Brereton and have  signed another 4 this close season, and still have old timer Murphy.

Only two options, automatics or bust...

Edited by Peacenocchio

4 minutes ago, VidukasBox said:

Erm, show me one report that states Leeds are struggling with FFP? We're one of a few teams that aren't this season..

I thought they’d / you’d been widely floated as one of 6/7 teams that are borderline and that’s why you have only: 2cb’s 0 strikers on your books. 

If you’ve got cash you’d probably do well buying a few players. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Peacenocchio said:

Are Forest the new Wolves or the new Wednesday?

They've gone absolutely balls out and spent £24m net this season so far including £12m on a young Portuguese attacking midfielder. Squad has 5 keepers, 12 defenders, 11 midfield, 9 strikers and nearly all first teamers (i.e not like some of our squad) and that's not including about 6 that they've sent out on loan. Their wage bill must be flipping huge attracting Dawson, Robinson and Pantillimon. And how is Karanka gonna use 9 strikers???  

image.thumb.png.ac51ef49adb030f1d9d8adc38413d943.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=f675defbb12fa095  

They already have 4 strikers on newish 4 year contracts Clough, Lolley, Vellios, Brereton and have  signed another 4 this close season, and still have old timer Murphy.

Only two options, automatics or bust...

This is how a lot of clubs will be playing it now. The bigger the PL jackpot gets the bigger risks owners will take. Sadly it’s the fans left to pick up the pieces when it all goes boobies up. 

9 minutes ago, VidukasBox said:

Just had s search and you are quite right according to last two years financials you’ve got the best part of 40m to throw at it. Begs the question why you haven’t signed anyone? 

8 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Just had s search and you are quite right according to last two years financials you’ve got the best part of 40m to throw at it. Begs the question why you haven’t signed anyone? 

If they spend as much time fannying around with signings as they did getting their new Gaffer then patience may be required. 

Fabio da Silva has joined Nantes for an undisclosed fee, he’d have been a good signing for anyone in this league.

Also Derby look a much tougher proposition after adding Mount and Wilson, that’s a lot of creativity and goals they’ve added. With Lampard at the helm they could be a much younger and more dynamic side than we’re used to seeing at Pride Park.

45 minutes ago, VidukasBox said:

Leeds have no FFP issues not sure where that has come from

Accounts filed by them and us

Leeds

30/6/16 - £8.8m loss                     compared to SWFC  31/5/16 - £9.8m loss

30/6/17 - £1.0m profit                                                     31/5/17 - £20.8m loss

30/6/18 - who knows                                                      31/5/18 - who knows

I think Leeds got £15m for Chris Wood, Byram £4m, Lewis Cook £7m, Charlie Taylor £6m in the same period of time we have got no transfer fees in for anyone.

34 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Leeds have no FFP issues not sure where that has come from

Accounts filed by them and us

Leeds

30/6/16 - £8.8m loss                     compared to SWFC  31/5/16 - £9.8m loss

30/6/17 - £1.0m profit                                                     31/5/17 - £20.8m loss

30/6/18 - who knows                                                      31/5/18 - who knows

I think Leeds got £15m for Chris Wood, Byram £4m, Lewis Cook £7m, Charlie Taylor £6m in the same period of time we have got no transfer fees in for anyone.

Our inability to sell players has been a big issue for us in terms of staving off FFP. Hopefully our new approach of giving a chance to younger players will reveal some diamonds in the rough. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

2 exciting signings for Derby imo. Wish we would go for some quality Prem youngsters on loan. Players that want to make a name for themselves and are just starting out on their career. 

Again, Derby have benefitted from flogging players such as Ince, Hughes etc and that has given them more FFP wriggle room. The draw of Lamps is gonna help too. 

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

Our inability to sell players has been a big issue for us in terms of staving off FFP. Hopefully our new approach of giving a chance to younger players will reveal some diamonds in the rough. 

More to the point it was DC's unwillingness to sell players as he had the quaint notion that they are family, according to what CC once said.

He's having to learn the hard way that, in football, comings and goings are the norm and are indeed a necessity for the most part.

• Like 1

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

More to the point it was DC's unwillingness to sell players as he had the quaint notion that they are family, according to what CC once said.

He's having to learn the hard way that, in football, comings and goings are the norm and are indeed a necessity for the most part.

True that. Although with the exception of George Hirst and FF (who none of us wanted to leave anyway) there has never been any substantiated interest for any of our players. 

I agree though, we have to be far more willing to sell if we are to recoup funds to keep the team fresh.