#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

You may be surprised.

Some absolute quality coming back in.

A no bs coach and a few integrated youngsters.....

35+ league games out of Kieran Lee, FF, Hooper, Lees, Bannan, Westwood and Van Aken would for me be a very good season along with a mid table finish. Season after though, i want the chairman throwing the kitchen sink at promotion for the prices and balls up's we've had to put up with. 

1 minute ago, hawksmore said:

35+ league games out of Kieran Lee, FF, Hooper, Lees, Bannan, Westwood and Van Aken would for me be a very good season along with a mid table finish. Season after though, i want the chairman throwing the kitchen sink at promotion for the prices and balls up's we've had to put up with. 

If we get 35+ games out of Lee,Hooper and FF I’d put a few quid on us finishing higher than mid table 

16 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

What comparison are you making between chansiri and allen?

I am only saying the communication from the club is very poor and when we had the same problem with Allen eventually it led to other problems and issues. Good communication with all people that includes the fans would sort a lot of issues you read on here and find from speaking with fellow Owls elsewhere.

16 hours ago, Owls77 said:

Mason Mount (Chelsea) and Harry Wilson (Liverpool) both joined Derby on loan.

Good signings, had decent seasons last year and potential to kick on. 

The type of quality of loan signings I was hoping we would be chasing, particularly in wing back areas.

8 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

We need that loanee, who's that good, we all think we have no chance of keeping.

Then all of a sudden BOOM. Promotion and we keep him.

Abit like Huddersfield and Aaron Mooy

I’m sure we will have identified a number of loan signings. prem clubs will only be releasing those definitely not in the plans at this stage. Couple of good loans could make all the difference

Guest wilyfox
8 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Abit like Huddersfield and Aaron Mooy

..and Brown, Palmer, and Kachunga. They used the loan market brilliantly. 

Our only chance of promotion is to over-achieve like Huddersfield or Cardiff. 

James Collins was released by WHU and still hasn't found a club.  We haven't got any other CBs in the squad who are really dominant in the air so surely worth a look?

Byram on loan for RWB would also be good.

But can't see us signing many if any more that two players. 

1 hour ago, striker said:

Good signings, had decent seasons last year and potential to kick on. 

The type of quality of loan signings I was hoping we would be chasing, particularly in wing back areas.

We should be trying to sign Iorfa from Wolves available to sign/loan and would sort a lot of our right sided issues. Loan to Ipswich last season and not wanted with Wolves promotion to the PL.

5 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Brentford accept an offer from an unnamed club for Florian Jozefzoon. Great player who id love to see here. Media guesses are its Derby and Leeds that are in for him. 

Weird that both Leeds and Derby mentioned as both have been touted as clubs that are at risk of FFP. Can’t imagine Brentford sell any players cheap? 

Seen that Ollie Watkins is being touted at 15m on bbc gossip page a year after hisc1.6m purchase. 

1 hour ago, beloved_aunt said:

James Collins was released by WHU and still hasn't found a club.  We haven't got any other CBs in the squad who are really dominant in the air so surely worth a look?

Byram on loan for RWB would also be good.

But can't see us signing many if any more that two players. 

I think Burnley were linked with Collins a few weeks ago so this is unlikely for us and Byram is on too much unless WHU pay most of his wages which is unlikely with the way the Premiership teams seem to money grab nowerdays.

Iorfa would be a better and cheaper alternative at Right back.