#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

On 14/07/2018 at 19:01, vulva said:

Would love to see the stats on Jack Hunt coming off injured. In all my years i’ve never known a player get subbed as much. Especially a fullback, who are usually the last to get subbed. 

Just seemed to suddenly sit down like DiCanio when he’d got the monk on ....

16 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Afew said that when we shifted Loovens and Wallace on.

Alot said that when we shifted Jack Hunt on.

Everyone said that when we shifted Jordan Rhodes on.

Whats happening?!?!?!

We need to save about £10m to applied with FFP before we can even start to think about bringing players in. If we can get rid of Fletcher that would about be it, in saving from wages, and Hunts £1.6m fee in.

This includes us still have sick note Abdi and never going to play Matias as well, get rid of these and it would clear some serious head room on the FFP.

59 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

West Brom have completed the signing of defender Kyle Bartley from Swansea City.

Bartley becomes Darren Moore’s second signing as head coach and joins for a fee of around £4 million, rising to £6m with add-ons.

Excellent signing for them. I’d have liked him but given what’s going with FFP, it was never going to happen. At least he’s not going to Leeds.

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Have Leeds even signed anyone at all? Seemed to be a lot of talk of some big spending with an obviously impressive managerial appointment.

They've signed Lewis Baker on loan and that's it, Whilst losing wiedwald, Lonergan, Pennington, Grot and Lassoga. I said last week that Leeds are considerably weaker than last season and have a lot of work to do. They don't have a recognised striker and only 2 senior cb's at present.

5 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

They've signed Lewis Baker on loan and that's it, Whilst losing wiedwald, Lonergan, Pennington, Grot and Lassoga. I said last week that Leeds are considerably weaker than last season and have a lot of work to do. They don't have a recognised striker and only 2 senior cb's at present.

So are we though

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

So are we though

True enough, we also dont have any recognised forwards, only two senior pros who play CB ... Oh infact my misatake we have 7 (SEVEN) recognised forwards. Come on Guru you need to be able to contextualise degrees of Shiit teams are in. Us losing Rhodes and Hunt (not including the others as they offered nothing at end of season) doesnt significantly weaken us in comparison to: Whilst losing wiedwald, Lonergan, Pennington, Grot and Lassoga.

• Like 2

It's a strange summer, everyone needs to make changes in squads, but no one wants to make the first move. Lots of players released but not many recruited to date.

I had assumed with the window closing sooner that it would have been busier, but seems FFP is unduly restricting most clubs this season and selling seems to be the priority, but with no buyers.

12 minutes ago, striker said:

It's a strange summer, everyone needs to make changes in squads, but no one wants to make the first move. Lots of players released but not many recruited to date.

I had assumed with the window closing sooner that it would have been busier, but seems FFP is unduly restricting most clubs this season and selling seems to be the priority, but with no buyers.

Are you Super Cereal? post-445-0-86838400-1332238664_thumb.png It's seems busy enough to me ...

Selected signings made by Championship clubs, so far, in the June 9th to August 9th transfer window  

Kyle Bartley

Ben Amos
Andreas Weimann
Gwion Edwards
Lewis Grabban
Costel Pantilimon
Reece Burke
Aden Flint
Paddy McNair 
Martin Braithwaite
Benik Afobe
Marc Muniesa
Bojan Krkic
Ritchie De Laet
Murray Wallace
Adam Webster
Jordan Roberts
Trevoh Chalobah
Lewis Baker
Teemu Pukki
Ben Marshall
Joao Carvalho
Michael Dawson
Jack Robinson
Gil Dias
Diogo Goncalves
Eric Lichaj
Andy Yiadom
John O'Shea
David Meyler

Jack Hunt

Jordan Rhodes

11 minutes ago, striker said:

Most of the teams buying are those that have sold a few at big profits such as Norwich and Bristol City, the teams that came down are also buying in with the parachute payments they get and the fact FFP does not apply to them yet :picnic:

We need to get a few in for our weak areas, because going into the first week of the season with options at right back being Palmer and a youth team kid, left back of Fox and Reach and right midfield of Boyd and Joao. for such a big squad of players to have so few options in key areas is worrying and shows the problem with the squad that 2 years of mismanagement and poor recruitment by the powers that be have put us in.

Maybe a few decent quality loans will be coming this week but I doubt it..

30 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

True enough, we also dont have any recognised forwards, only two senior pros who play CB ... Oh infact my misatake we have 7 (SEVEN) recognised forwards. Come on Guru you need to be able to contextualise degrees of Shiit teams are in. Us losing Rhodes and Hunt (not including the others as they offered nothing at end of season) doesnt significantly weaken us in comparison to: Whilst losing wiedwald, Lonergan, Pennington, Grot and Lassoga.

Not going to deny that, and I’m really happy with the outgoings so far  Indeed, of those who have left, I only regret the departure of Venancio Thing is, I think you’ll find most Leeds fans would be equally happy with their departures

Technically though, both of us are slightly weaker in terms of numbers

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not going to deny that, and I’m really happy with the outgoings so far  Indeed, of those who have left, I only regret the departure of Venancio Thing is, I think you’ll find most Leeds fans would be equally happy with their departures

Technically though, both of us are slightly weaker in terms of numbers

@just visiting Are you happy with having no forwards? I'm sure most leads fans are not happy with that but lets ask the only one I know :)

Guest Arcadianrocket

Watford looking at Fessi quite seriously apparently. Same person told me Rodwell was on their radar.