#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Is he any good?

Poor attitude by all accounts from Sunderland fans, however takes a mean dead ball and when he is good he is very good. Had his best spell for them when Allardyce was in charge, was sent out on Loan to Rennes all of last season and they converted him into a forward although he played as a winger for Sunderland. Was supposed to be signing with St Etienne according to reports up there but that deal has hit the rocks, wages would be a big problem and we already have a relatively temperamental front man in Fernando and we know what you are getting from him. 

Sounds like a link to just keep up speculation and remind other clubs he wants out of Sunderland, as from what I have seen of him which is fairly limited I admit and what I have seen of Wednesday under Jos the two do not fit together at all.   

Edited by matt_johno43

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Thought he was signing for a french club?

The article says its on the verge of breaking down with St etienne. 

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Is he any good?

only seen him in the world cup! don't remember him from Sunderland's prem relegation season.

3 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

This threads last couple of pages of rumours have been hilarious.  

• Trevor David! - Signs ADO contract.
  • Jonas Vinck! - Signed for Lommel SK last month.
  • Wahbi Khazri! - Worth 9/10m Euros and linked with St Etienne.

:laugh:

Where has penguin gone with his plausible rumours. 

lol

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, LiamAP22D said:

Linked with that Kazri from Sunderland on news now.

No we're not, it's one of those crappy suggestion articles. 

Several going out, with nobody coming in, is the only rumour I've heard so far that has not been blasted out of the water.

JL's latest press release targeting 24 to 25 squad players shattered my dreams.  I was hankering after a new left back, right back, centre half and a pacey winger!

lol

29 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Am I right in that the Loan window closes at the end of August? I imagine we'll look to reduce the squad size between now and the end of the deadline and then utilise the loan market to fill a couple of positions.

I thought it finished when the transfer window closes?

5 hours ago, Rogers said:

When was the last time we did not sign anyone in a close season? 

We have come close for the last two transfer windows amassing a massive 2 last summer in JVA and Boyd and just the one in Pelupessy in January. If we didn't know better I would say we have been under a transfer embargo for the last year WTF: