#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

4 minutes ago, benitocarbonara said:

have to agree especially with hunt gone wanted him to push on so much and make the position his but just dont think the thing's he needed to add he could

What you mean like that extra yard when he is running back.

lol

If we sell Palmer, I'd look to try signing Adam Smith (not the Sky boxing pundit) on loan from Bournemouth for the RB spot. 

Michael Hector from Chelsea now we've missed out on Venancio 

Brendan Barker, highly rated midfielder from Man City, can play on either wing. 

6 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

If we sell Palmer, I'd look to try signing Adam Smith (not the Sky boxing pundit) on loan from Bournemouth for the RB spot. 

Michael Hector from Chelsea now we've missed out on Venancio 

Brendan Barker, highly rated midfielder from Man City, can play on either wing. 

We don't play with wingers

8 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

The key point would be offers. I very much doubt we would get one from anyone. 

Well Bolton are interested in Palmer and Fox was linked to Forest on Facebook, but if those links are false I’m sure at least some League 1 clubs would be interested. It’s more likely that the offers we’d get wouldn’t be that much but they cost a combined £750k so hardly a massive loss if we let them go for less than that and then bring in better players on free or loan

8 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

This ^^

Fox, Palmer, Jones are 3 players I would be looking to move on if the offers came in. Just not what we need to progress long term. 

Jones and Fox are shocking. Can’t see anyone wanting them so we are stuck with two players who you could not even consider to be squad standard.

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We might want to unload them, but Fox, Jones, Abdi, Fletcher, Winnall and Rhodes, are probably all on wages which would be prohibitive to any would be suitors

You probably would have included Hunt on that list last week, but he’s managed to be offloaded and I doubt he’s had a pay rise.  Just my opinion of course but I think the likes of Fox would get interest from the best league 1 clubs like Barnsley. Rhodes is close to going to Norwich and Winnall attracted Derby last season and was doing well so I don’t think it’s all as doom and gloom as some are feeling 

Edited by Southie_Owl

13 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

You probably would have included Hunt on that list last week, but he’s managed to be offloaded and I doubt he’s had a pay rise.  Just my opinion of course but I think the likes of Fox would get interest from the best league 1 clubs like Barnsley. Rhodes is close to going to Norwich and Winnall attracted Derby last season and was doing well so I don’t think it’s all as doom and gloom as some are feeling 

Actually that’s very true Don’t think anyone saw the Hunt deal coming

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Curtis Tilt, Blackpool linked with us by the Daily Mirror. Centre back. Already the subject of a bid of £550k from elsewhere.

I don’t suppose many of us know much about him, but at 26 years old and only 40  odd league appearances, he’d be a heck of a gamble He’s spent most of his career playing non league, so that’s a real late developer

23 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Curtis Tilt, Blackpool linked with us by the Daily Mirror. Centre back. Already the subject of a bid of £550k from elsewhere.

Funny because I was reading on one of those click bait sites over the weekend , maybe HITC? how someone was saying we should try to sign him. Maybe the daily mirror read that persons blog too 

found it

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/07/sheffeld-wednesday-should-compete-with-ipswich-for-curtis-tilt-c/

Edited by Southie_Owl

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t suppose many of us know much about him, but at 26 years old and only 40  odd league appearances, he’d be a heck of a gamble He’s spent most of his career playing non league, so that’s a real late developer

So you are saying no then ?

Should we lean to someone with more experience ?

I agree, could fall flat on our face here with this deal ..

Sorry

coat time 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

All over the place last time I saw him.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Fox does a decent job in a couple of positions, unless we received a decent offer I’d keep him

You can never have enough left backs

Quantity isn’t a problem, we have Fox, Reach, Pudil, Boyd, Thornley and Penney, who can all play there