#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

5 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I know they're throwing money at it this summer but that would be hilarious. I'll carry him there on my shoulders for that price.

They were previously interested in him, believe it or not, before he joined us

6 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

I know this may sound mental but I reckon fox has got something, just lacks composure and decision making. Maybe Jos can get that out of/into him?

What do you think he's got cos i can't see anything?

Just now, sweetsheri said:

What do you think he's got cos i can't see anything?

I’ve seen some reasonable performances going forward, gets up and down. Like i say, think he lacks composure and ability to make the right choice at the right time, quite significant attributes of a good footballer I know! Just wonder if Jos could get better out of him

2 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

We have a CB Hutch. 

Got the best out of him when he played there.

less time out injured as he played game after game in tha role.

less bookings as he wasnt running and diving into players but just did his job

1 minute ago, JaddyOwl said:

Got the best out of him when he played there.

less time out injured as he played game after game in tha role.

less bookings as he wasnt running and diving into players but just did his job

He's 100% the answer. He just doesn't like playing there by all accounts! 

Fox is nowhere near as bad as some

make out but he’s definitely not a left wing back, I’d be surprised if he is sold though 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Fox is nowhere near as bad as some

make out but he’s definitely not a left wing back, I’d be surprised if he is sold though 

For a team apparently chasing promotion he’s nowhere near good enough, along with Palmer.

13 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

He's 100% the answer. He just doesn't like playing there by all accounts! 

Hutch is a steady back up for centre half in my opinion, we need better in that position 

8 minutes ago, richowl said:

For a team apparently chasing promotion he’s nowhere near good enough, along with Palmer.

This ^^

Fox, Palmer, Jones are 3 players I would be looking to move on if the offers came in. Just not what we need to progress long term. 

6 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

This ^^

Fox, Palmer, Jones are 3 players I would be looking to move on if the offers came in. Just not what we need to progress long term. 

The key point would be offers. I very much doubt we would get one from anyone. 

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

It’s not just a case of selling them For instance, I probably wouldn’t sell a keeper 

Better to loan one of the youngsters out 

Maybe we are leaving that to the last minute, in case Westwood doesn’t make it  

I’m sure there would be takers for Boyd? Unlike us, there will be clubs out there who could use that type of experience

I think if there was any genuine cash paying interest for top earners then they would be moving on. Particularly if they weren’t Bannan or FF

50 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

I know this may sound mental but I reckon fox has got something, just lacks composure and decision making. Maybe Jos can get that out of/into him?

tbh everyone hss opinions but decsion making as a defender is something u need and composure so tbh whatever he has i dont think helps him

Well if Palmer is seriously linked to Bolton, I would be surprised if we got any money as they are in severe financial difficulties. Indeed I would be amazed if he even considered it himself as he has another year on his contract with us, and they've been in the news for failing to pay wages and bonuses. 

As for being the solution at RB, no way. He is a squad player at best for a team with ambitions of chasing at least a play off spot. IMO he hasn't improved at all over the last three years.

18 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Well if Palmer is seriously linked to Bolton, I would be surprised if we got any money as they are in severe financial difficulties. Indeed I would be amazed if he even considered it himself as he has another year on his contract with us, and they've been in the news for failing to pay wages and bonuses. 

As for being the solution at RB, no way. He is a squad player at best for a team with ambitions of chasing at least a play off spot. IMO he hasn't improved at all over the last three years.

have to agree especially with hunt gone wanted him to push on so much and make the position his but just dont think the thing's he needed to add he could