#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, BenitoCarbone said:

Ash Baker is a RB isn’t he? Plus several other options from the youth squad for the CB position. One RWB plus one CB should do it.

Boyd looks fit enough to be a stand in for Reach at LWB.

Fessi and Joao will bring pace and energy up front.

UTO

There's a difference between surviving the summer window and improving in it 

Next season will likely reflect which route we go down, in the next 3 weeks 

Our defence was not good enough last year. We shored it up by playing 8 man defence. Think it was always on cards defensive players would leave. Venancio was ok in 3 man centre of defence was not worth spending fortune on player who could only play in defensive formation. We have difficult period to endure to get deadwood out so we can get in players suited to needs. Not Jos fault he is just tasked with sorting it out so lets give him the time he needs.

We currently have three experienced centre backs in Lees, Pudil and Van Aken , plus youngsters like Thorniley and O`Grady . We still need another experienced CB in my opinion. 

Hard to see any positives out of missing out on Fred. I was still hopeful that we'd bring him in and a couple of quality loan signings. The thing with Fred was the way he played near the end of the season it would have given us stability but now we face issues of finding an alternative and hoping that they suit us just as well or even better. Have to say my optimism as dropped a bit since the end of last season but if we can keep a hold of our best players, trim the squad some more and bring in some quality loanees or frees, then that coupled with Jos, the youngsters and the way we finished last season, should see us in good stead. My expectations for next season are getting lower but in a way that could be a good thing if we go under the radar with less pressure again, like Carlos' first season. A couple of quality loan signings might be just what we need and might give us a lift. 

48 minutes ago, Quist said:

Our defence was not good enough last year. We shored it up by playing 8 man defence. Think it was always on cards defensive players would leave. Venancio was ok in 3 man centre of defence was not worth spending fortune on player who could only play in defensive formation. We have difficult period to endure to get deadwood out so we can get in players suited to needs. Not Jos fault he is just tasked with sorting it out so lets give him the time he needs.

I really hope we (us and DC) really give him the time he needs in case things start to go south at some point.

If everything is so dependent on getting rid of Rhodes, the folly of signing him must have been abundantly clear 

It was to me, and I was unaware of our financial situation Those running the club, will have had all that info to hand, yet still plunged the club into crisis 

23 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If Rhodes is to leave I hope we have some deals lined up ready to sign for when it happens. 

I believe we do have at least some loan targets already negotiated. The transfer window is so narrow that you have to have lots of things overlapping and just start executing when the pieces fall into place.

4 hours ago, camffiti said:

With such a low fee in for Hunt, if Palmer left, we simply wouldn't have enough money to sign  2 RBs

And that's aside from needing at least 1 CB to replace the 2 that have gone and a LB to replace Boyd

And that would effectively just be getting back to square one ...

Still leaving last seasons power & pace problems,  in the forward /right areas 

We have a CB Hutch. 

What of the others? All the focus is on Rhodes, but we have other positions where we are oversubscribed Three front line keepers, three left wing backs What of Abdi, do we plan to make him part of the midfield  There are others to move on, we don’t need to have all our eggs in one basket

23 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What of the others? All the focus is on Rhodes, but we have other positions where we are oversubscribed Three front line keepers, three left wing backs What of Abdi, do we plan to make him part of the midfield  There are others to move on, we don’t need to have all our eggs in one basket

What if no one currently wants to buy them? 

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

What if no one currently wants to buy them? 

It’s not just a case of selling them For instance, I probably wouldn’t sell a keeper 

Better to loan one of the youngsters out 

Maybe we are leaving that to the last minute, in case Westwood doesn’t make it  

I’m sure there would be takers for Boyd? Unlike us, there will be clubs out there who could use that type of experience

26 minutes ago, S W F C said:

Probably a load of poo but someone on Facebook claiming Fox to Nottingham Forest for 1million 

I know they're throwing money at it this summer but that would be hilarious. I'll carry him there on my shoulders for that price.