#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

How much of Bolton's ten bob transfer budget are you expecting? :biggrin:

Wasn't expecting large fee. Small sum plus his wages off books would have been good. Underlines our position though.. Sold better of the two. New deal for the crap one. 

Someone on owlstalk called the Palmer to Bolton link as he overheard Palmer’s Mum in a shop saying that SWFC have let Palmer down and they are considering whether he should move to Bolton.

Given Hunt has left, I see Palmer staying now.

As long as he doesn't ask for a wage hike, a renewal of his deal would be a good thing.

I know I properly ripped into him in the other thread, but he's a perfectly good backup at this level. Over 150 Champ appearances proves that more than anything else. Plus he can play in midfield. He's hardly an inspiring name on the bench, but I do think he's one of those that's needed on the bench.

Still think we need a new RB to replace Hunt though. If we can afford one...

Edited by StudentOwl

1 hour ago, simpark said:

Sam Smart is a very talented lad - scores loads from midfield. One to watch wherever he ends up

Interestingly he was also selected for the most recent Jamie Vardy V9 programme designed to unearth talents from the lower leagues. I think it was filmed for Sky

Has the new series come out on sky? 

When push comes to shove if the offers there for Palmer to stay then I think he will. I’m not convinced by him TBH. He hasn’t really progressed since the Stuart Gray days but one thing he is, is solid and this may do for now?

10 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Liam Palmer100% Owl.

Means nothing in terms of him being of offered a new contract. That should be based purely on ability & cost to the club.

Like most on here I'm an 100% Owl but you wouldn't want me playing full back.

• Haha 2

With such a low fee in for Hunt, if Palmer left, we simply wouldn't have enough money to sign  2 RBs

And that's aside from needing at least 1 CB to replace the 2 that have gone and a LB to replace Boyd

And that would effectively just be getting back to square one ...

Still leaving last seasons power & pace problems,  in the forward /right areas 

3 minutes ago, camffiti said:

With such a low fee in for Hunt, if Palmer left, we simply wouldn't have enough money to sign  2 RBs

And that's aside from needing at least 1 CB to replace the 2 that have gone and a LB to replace Boyd

And that would effectively just be getting back to square one ...

Still leaving last seasons power & pace problems,  in the forward /right areas 

Ash Baker is a RB isn’t he? Plus several other options from the youth squad for the CB position. One RWB plus one CB should do it.

Boyd looks fit enough to be a stand in for Reach at LWB.

Fessi and Joao will bring pace and energy up front.

UTO

Edited by BenitoCarbone

16 minutes ago, striker said:

Nixon reckons still a 99% chance of Rhodes joining Norwich. Could be a busy week?

Doesn’t surprise me. It’s a deal that makes sense for everybody involved. Just bickering over figures for now. 

Guest wilyfox

I'm sure the Rhodes move will happen. Press just getting mileage out of on/off saga.

If they've identified him as the one they want, I doubt Norwich will simply walk away, especially when they've purposely bought supply for him. 

44 minutes ago, striker said:

Nixon reckons still a 99% chance of Rhodes joining Norwich. Could be a busy week?

The fact Rhodes was allowed to go and speak to Norwich would suggest the financial package isn’t far off being agreed, so no doubt the “deal off” story was suggested to the press by one of the parties to get the deal hurried up.