#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

Some proper flapping going on, In all honesty Venancio was a decent player but  there’s better available and probably in the loan market 

1 hour ago, nethertonowl said:

Bannan will be next sorry to say. 

Chansiri will be in some trouble if that happens. He chose to ask fans if we want high ticket prices and keep the best players and we said yes, if Bannan goes we sure as hell better have someone amazing lined up to replace him otherwise there should be serious questions asked about the ticket prices 

33 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Chansiri will be in some trouble if that happens. He chose to ask fans if we want high ticket prices and keep the best players and we said yes, if Bannan goes we sure as hell better have someone amazing lined up to replace him otherwise there should be serious questions asked about the ticket prices 

^^^^^^^^^^^

This 

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Hell be in bigger trouble if we break FFP though. Presumably if we reduced ticket prices we’d need to sell more and be less able to buy new ones when we get sorted again?

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Hell be in bigger trouble if we break FFP though. Presumably if we reduced ticket prices we’d need to sell more and be less able to buy new ones when we get sorted again?

He’s known about FFP situation for a year now. He gave us the choice to keep high ticket prices and keep players, or low ticket prices and sell players - which was presumably only due to FFP. 

Every player has a selling price, if someone wants to buy Bannan for £6m, then fair enough as he’s in the last year of contract. But the point is we better buy someone of equal value or ability or I will be questioning Chansiri’s survey intentions 

20 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

He’s known about FFP situation for a year now. He gave us the choice to keep high ticket prices and keep players, or low ticket prices and sell players - which was presumably only due to FFP. 

Every player has a selling price, if someone wants to buy Bannan for £6m, then fair enough as he’s in the last year of contract. But the point is we better buy someone of equal value or ability or I will be questioning Chansiri’s survey intentions 

It’s hard to know what’s going on and what’s going to happen. But i took it more as a how do we approach the medium term rather than immediate future 

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It’s hard to know what’s going on and what’s going to happen. But i took it more as a how do we approach the medium term rather than immediate future 

I think its going to take more than this window to get rid of the players ( and wages) we want to lose. Because of our shocking recruitment policy , greatly influenced by " outside influences" , its going to take some time to recover. 

Of course DC always has the option of ignoring FFP and spending what he wants and going all in for promotion like others have done , but if it backfires we will be screwed big time. Its a massive gamble to take , but knowing any FFP fine will be small change compared to the vast amount we would get by gaining promotion , could he be tempted ? 

15 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I think its going to take more than this window to get rid of the players ( and wages) we want to lose. Because of our shocking recruitment policy , greatly influenced by " outside influences" , its going to take some time to recover. 

Of course DC always has the option of ignoring FFP and spending what he wants and going all in for promotion like others have done , but if it backfires we will be screwed big time. Its a massive gamble to take , but knowing any FFP fine will be small change compared to the vast amount we would get by gaining promotion , could he be tempted ? 

I don't think he'll be spending much, based on last year where we loaned no one when we had all  the 'injuries' -it looks to me like the spending has stopped and he's looking for a way out. 

Why people flapping over a player we ve had on loan 

On 05/07/2018 at 17:05, room0035 said:

No it didn't but the current policy with all premier league clubs is ignore FFP and blow what ever you need to get promoted. Until this chance FFP is pointless.

Oh in your figures you forgot to add on to the loss the £30m in parachute payments Newcastle got to supplement the spending on players. That teams in the league don't get.

How much did newcastle bring in from player sales or is that included in that years losses

Thought Fred would have been a good addition and would have fit back into the side with ease. 

Not sure why it’s not happened but I don’t think it’s because we are skint. I have a feeling we have some good loans lined up. CB, RB and RM. 

Once Rhodes is gone we should see some activity I would imagine. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

I don’t think so, or I hope not, the fines are one thing but there are points deductions and a block on promotion that can be used now. At least that’s what I read