#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

2 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

Dont get why some on here are in total denial over the position we are in..

Captain gone

Best right winger gone.

Best right back gone.

Highest paid player being pushed out the door.

Goal keeping coach gone

Academy coach gone

most of best remaining players contracts run out next year. 

Manager said three months ago, signing will be free transfers loans , kids and league one players

Huge match day prices,& season ticket prices., and still people saying we will pick up premier league quality players

Not even signed a guy on a knock down fee, in a position we need cover in , who we had on loan last season, and has said he wants to come,

HELLO ! 

HELLO

We are the Wednesday boys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Am I being whooshed here? :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

I'll have a barrel of what your drinking pal!

Not at all. 

If the aim is to finish 14-16th, its possible we can achieve that with Liam Palmer. 

Hunt is a key player who needs replacing with equal quality. Lee Johnson at Bristol City is a very bright, young up and coming manager and alot brighter than our fans, if some of us don't see Hunt as a loss.  

24 minutes ago, owl4eva2k8 said:

maybe a little off topic, looking at first team profiles, fred is still there, (all players sold/released have been removed) is this a sign hes coming home? 

Our new kit is not yet on sale in the most popular size.....I'd read nothing into our website being out of date. lol

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Not at all. 

If the aim is to finish 14-16th, its possible we can achieve that with Liam Palmer. 

Hunt is a key player who needs replacing with equal quality. Lee Johnson at Bristol City is a very bright, young up and coming manager and alot brighter than our fans, if some of us don't see Hunt as a loss.  

I agree. Jack Hunt is a very decent player for this level and I’m pretty gutted he’s gone. Vastly underrated by many of our fans. He needs replacing with similar quality. Palmer is not good enough to replace him either playing as conventional full back or wing back.

Hunt was more suited to the wing-back role than Palmer but even so I don’t believe he is irreplaceable as he never really shone that much going forward for us.

I don’t rate Palmer that much like seemingly most on here but one thing he is like a few players here in the past is a survivor. Despite all the criticism from the fans they’re still here and the manager at the time still seems to trust them. There’s no bigger example of this than Nuhiu and at the moment he’s flavour of the month, so it could still change for the better for Palmer?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

10 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Are people in denial? We know we need to cut costs and that puts us in a difficult position. I haven’t seen the fans demanding promotion or top quality players like last season but there’s a general feeling we could do ok if we get better luck on injuries and get a few loans (loan window open longer)

- captain went about a third of the way into last season 

- best right winger as above (jos doesn’t use them)

- agreed on right back, but how much of a difference will it make? We have a few wing back options.

- highest paid player needs to be pushed out the door. He’s not our best player. He needs to go in order to bring others in.

- fair enough on contracts, we need to cash in and rebuild if they’re not staying.

- would either of those coaches turn down the opportunities out to them? Not necessarily a sinking ship job.

This thing that we should automatically give players a new contract because its running out next year is tosh.They are only out best player if they prove it season after season...

They have to earn their contract and if they don't then they don't deserve to wear a Wednesday shirt. 

Ok they may leave on a free but is that any worse than giving them a new 2/3 year contract for them to just steal their wage and t.o.s.s it off fir a few seasons? 

5 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Hunt was more suited to the wing-back role than Palmer but even so I don’t believe he is irreplaceable as he never really shone that much going forward for us.

I don’t rate Palmer that much like seemingly most on here but one thing he is like a few players here in the past is a survivor. Despite all the criticism from the fans they’re still here and the manager at the time still seems to trust them. There’s no bigger example of this than Nuhiu and at the moment he’s flavour of the month, so it could still change for the better for Palmer?

Problem for Palmer is he has always been seen as just a back up player. Even now that Hunt has gone I still don't see that changing. So unfortunately I don't think he will get the proper opportunity to change anything for the better.

4 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

This thing that we should automatically give players a new contract because its running out next year is tosh.They are only out best player if they prove it season after season...

They have to earn their contract and if they don't then they don't deserve to wear a Wednesday shirt. 

Ok they may leave on a free but is that any worse than giving them a new 2/3 year contract for them to just steal their wage and t.o.s.s it off fir a few seasons? 

I wonder if Arsenal fans are feeling like this about Sanchez.

9 hours ago, camffiti said:

Which will leave us in more desperate need for a RB, than we currently are for a CB ... and still have no money post-445-0-20585400-1332590659_thumb.png

The Hunt money is being spent on Venancio and the Rhodes loan fee on bringing in a replacement for Hunt. 

Its funny when people think that you have to announce the signing of players in the order of priority 

:CEO:

14 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Some have shown enough in the last few years IMO but it depends if we can afford them moving forward whilst making the changes we want to make. I say sell them now if they will be off in a year as it will all count towards FFP and allow us to make those changes sooner.

13 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Problem for Palmer is he has always been seen as just a back up player. Even now that Hunt has gone I still don't see that changing. So unfortunately I don't think he will get the proper opportunity to change anything for the better.

If Palmer had an engine and a little more confidence to try to push on down the flanks he could be decent. His crossing swings from woeful (mostly) to sublime (on the odd occassion). Improve his ability to cross, improve stamina and there's a decent player there as he's good on the ball, intelligent and not bad defensively.