#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

9 minutes ago, djorkaeff said:

McNair Who covers cb and cm, LWB (must be at least half cast), (I know but positive discrimination is ok apparently), Fred and Sanmy Ameobi or better. Even the lad at Cardiff on loan from Norwich. 

There’s nothing in the slightest positive about that term.

Edited by 0wl18

Mulgrew good in league one, but couldn’t stop Blackburn from relegation the season before.  Aged 32

Can we had one “old league 1 loanee and nearly buys” thread, specially for Danny Baath, Mulgrew, Ben Marshall, Connor Wickham. 

10 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Wonder if anyone will take a chance on Odubajo from Hull. Been out for nearly 2 years, had multiple ops on his knee, but it seems he's back fit.

Terrific player and out of contract in summer.

Aye, that sounds like a good idea. We could do with one or two of these long term injured players to take a chance on. Especially given the way that such deals have worked out so successfully in the past for us. :rolleyes:

Centre half to partner Lees and a new left back are a priority for me.

Id like us to go with a back 4 next season but our current defenders aren’t good enough at the moment.

I don’t know how much money we have to spend but I’d like us to look at Scott Malone at Huddersfield. He was the best left back in the league last year with Fulham and he now finds himself as third choice at the dog botherers.

We need a big, hard centre half to partner Lees who is a leader. 

17 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Wonder if anyone will take a chance on Odubajo from Hull. Been out for nearly 2 years, had multiple ops on his knee, but it seems he's back fit.

Terrific player and out of contract in summer.

He was a terrific player and the sort you need to get promoted out of league. Think only way you could take him is if he agreed to come on trial. If he did attend trial you could gauge how good he still is. If he does not agree to trial think you could assume not same player. Real pity as I thought he would reach international level.

5 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Centre half to partner Lees and a new left back are a priority for me.

Id like us to go with a back 4 next season but our current defenders aren’t good enough at the moment.

I don’t know how much money we have to spend but I’d like us to look at Scott Malone at Huddersfield. He was the best left back in the league last year with Fulham and he now finds himself as third choice at the dog botherers.

We need a big, hard centre half to partner Lees who is a leader. 

Kyle Bartley at Swansea 

Just now, Hughdowd said:

Kyle Bartley at Swansea 

Very good shout. Would be a brilliant signing. Only small negative is I that I think he’s a right sided centre half.

How good were Bartley and Jansson last season? Jansson is half the player this season as he’s been playing with either Cooper or some young lads. Very similar to the siatuation with Tom Lees. 

5 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Very good shout. Would be a brilliant signing. Only small negative is I that I think he’s a right sided centre half.

A very small negative.  Dunk and Duffy are both right sided centre backs and they’ve done very well playing in a back 4. Ferdinand and Vidic were right footed too.  

Just now, beswetherick said:

Reckon Swansea will want to keep Bartley if/when they go down. He would be a good signing though

They are staying up IMO.

He would be a great signing and exactly the type of defender we should be looking at - big, strong and has leadership skills. 

I doubt it will happen tho.

Really want us to go with a back four next season and the most important acquisition is top class centre half.

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

A very small negative.  Dunk and Duffy are both right sided centre backs and they’ve done very well playing in a back 4. Ferdinand and Vidic were right footed too.  

I know what you mean but Dunk has always been the left sided centre half for Brighton.

Going back to Bartley - I think that would be a brilliant signing. Exactly what we need 

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I know what you mean but Dunk has always been the left sided centre half for Brighton.

Going back to Bartley - I think that would be a brilliant signing. Exactly what we need 

Hopefully we can sign a defender who’s happy on the left side. 

Clark Robertson at blackpool might be worth a look at as he’s on the verge of the Scotland’s national team and is left footed centre back.

2 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Reckon Swansea will want to keep Bartley if/when they go down. He would be a good signing though

We could maybe get a part exchange with Bannan or hooper who I'm sure Carlos will be looking at.