#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Quist said:

I will exlain reasoning behind above?

Jos prefered system and rerves and youngsters have started to use this formation which suggests way forward. We currently do not have players with suffficient quality to lay this system especially aginst better quality teams. We defend by denying teams space by putting extra players into defensive formation. I can not see this system being succesful to get us promotion although would get us into top half of table and maybe even play offs. Current defence and midfield struggeles aginst the better sides and we are unable to create much going forward. Hence think we will recruit better defenders to strengthen team and allow a more expansive form of football to be played.

I think to bring players in we will need to raise money. Bannan and Hooper were admired by CC and would not surprise me to see him make a move for them.Lee also admired but long term injury would probably require to see him playing again before move for him. Joao has sparkled and looked decent under Jos has attracted interest and would fetch in good money. We may get some money for Winnall and Rhodes who it looks certain are on way out of club but do not think will be enough to freshen playing staff to degree required.

I think it is not easy fix and diffiult decisions have to be made to move club forward.

Ok fair enough your reasoning with possibly changing formation. 

And agree the squad does need freshening up, but to we need a core of players that are good enough to take us forward, we need to move fringe players on. 

The players we need to keep - 

westwood 

lees 

bannan 

forestieri

reach 

hooper 

anyone else i would listen to offers, and yes that includes hutch 

2 hours ago, Quist said:

A proper left back who can defend properly and can run.think  A couple of guesses Mitchell Dijks or Daley Sinkgraven

Two centre halves.one a utility defender who can cover other defensive positions. Think Marc Oliver Kempf is a possible. Alexander Hack is an alternative.

A right sided attacking midfield player.

The above are priorities, we will play a 4-2-3-1 formation.

If we can get 3 or 4 out of club expect more arrivals.

Also think there will be some wheeler dealing which may see Hooper, Bannan and possibly Joao head out of club.

Dijks is a free agent in the summer so you may be correct. Kempf is too because I signed him for free on fifa lol

The right side midfielder could be the only player we've been rumoured for, George Honeyman.

Guest wilyfox

I don't rate Hugill. Knew his move to west ham would end in failure. He was never ready for the premier league. 

3 hours ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Still think we should show some interest in Sammy ameobi he’s young,has pace,and can score a goal be an upgrade on Wallace 

Added to which he is about 6'4" and won't have been on prohibitive wages at Bolton. Wallace would be on far more in all probability.

The clearest demonstration of how much of a balls up we've made of the last two summers is the fact that our shopping list remains essentially exactly the same:

A right back - we've now got more than enough evidence that Palmer isn't providing enough competition for Hunt and isn't good enough for a promotion-chasing side.

A centre half - Loovens is sadly past it and the kids are still too raw.

A left back - we've signed about 5 since DC arrived at the club and we still haven't really got an answer. Pudil is probably better playing centrally in a back three at this point.

A pacy winger, preferably right-sided

A big, bullying box-to-box midfielder - I still genuinely believe we'd have gone up in Carlos' first season if Rudy Austin had been given a work permit.

I appreciate not every signing works out, but I'll be absolutely fuming if we get to September and we've not at least tried to address the above. If we get this next summer right, we've a very real chance of promotion, if we make another mess then we're likely to end up disappointed again.

6months on the bench at West Ham will have probably risen Hugill’s stock higher than stay at Preston and playing would’ve, as mad as that sounds.

Everyone going for the Prem will be after him at some point in the summer. Think he’s very overrated though, got a feeling wherever he ends up he’ll struggle for abit. 

5 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Wonder if anyone will take a chance on Odubajo from Hull. Been out for nearly 2 years, had multiple ops on his knee, but it seems he's back fit.

Terrific player and out of contract in summer.

Was a terrific player, he’s been out for so long now I can’t see him been that player anymore 

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Wonder if anyone will take a chance on Odubajo from Hull. Been out for nearly 2 years, had multiple ops on his knee, but it seems he's back fit.

Terrific player and out of contract in summer.

We took the chance on Hutch