#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

A proper left back who can defend properly and can run.think  A couple of guesses Mitchell Dijks or Daley Sinkgraven

Two centre halves.one a utility defender who can cover other defensive positions. Think Marc Oliver Kempf is a possible. Alexander Hack is an alternative.

A right sided attacking midfield player.

The above are priorities, we will play a 4-2-3-1 formation.

If we can get 3 or 4 out of club expect more arrivals.

Also think there will be some wheeler dealing which may see Hooper, Bannan and possibly Joao head out of club.

On 31/01/2018 at 23:52, theowlsman said:

I started the last thread with Rhodes, and I was right as usual, so this time look out for us signing someone from AS Roma in the summer.

As you know, all Rhodes lead to Rome

Oooooh I hope it’s either Džeko or Nainggolan

im an optimist 

53 minutes ago, Quist said:

A proper left back who can defend properly and can run.think  A couple of guesses Mitchell Dijks or Daley Sinkgraven

Two centre halves.one a utility defender who can cover other defensive positions. Think Marc Oliver Kempf is a possible. Alexander Hack is an alternative.

Also think there will be some wheeler dealing which may see Hooper, Bannan and possibly Joao head out of club.

I can’t us playing 4-2-3-1, 8 conceded in the 2 games he’s played 4 at the back. And why would we sell 2 of our best players in hooper and Bannan! 

58 minutes ago, Quist said:

Yes Please .

15 minutes ago, Nando45 said:

I can’t us playing 4-2-3-1, 8 conceded in the 2 games he’s played 4 at the back. And why would we sell 2 of our best players in hooper and Bannan! 

I will exlain reasoning behind above?

Jos prefered system and rerves and youngsters have started to use this formation which suggests way forward. We currently do not have players with suffficient quality to lay this system especially aginst better quality teams. We defend by denying teams space by putting extra players into defensive formation. I can not see this system being succesful to get us promotion although would get us into top half of table and maybe even play offs. Current defence and midfield struggeles aginst the better sides and we are unable to create much going forward. Hence think we will recruit better defenders to strengthen team and allow a more expansive form of football to be played.

I think to bring players in we will need to raise money. Bannan and Hooper were admired by CC and would not surprise me to see him make a move for them.Lee also admired but long term injury would probably require to see him playing again before move for him. Joao has sparkled and looked decent under Jos has attracted interest and would fetch in good money. We may get some money for Winnall and Rhodes who it looks certain are on way out of club but do not think will be enough to freshen playing staff to degree required.

I think it is not easy fix and diffiult decisions have to be made to move club forward.

32 minutes ago, Quist said:

I will exlain reasoning behind above?

Jos prefered system and rerves and youngsters have started to use this formation which suggests way forward. We currently do not have players with suffficient quality to lay this system especially aginst better quality teams. We defend by denying teams space by putting extra players into defensive formation. I can not see this system being succesful to get us promotion although would get us into top half of table and maybe even play offs. Current defence and midfield struggeles aginst the better sides and we are unable to create much going forward. Hence think we will recruit better defenders to strengthen team and allow a more expansive form of football to be played.

I think to bring players in we will need to raise money. Bannan and Hooper were admired by CC and would not surprise me to see him make a move for them.Lee also admired but long term injury would probably require to see him playing again before move for him. Joao has sparkled and looked decent under Jos has attracted interest and would fetch in good money. We may get some money for Winnall and Rhodes who it looks certain are on way out of club but do not think will be enough to freshen playing staff to degree required.

I think it is not easy fix and diffiult decisions have to be made to move club forward.

Why is Rhodes certain to leave??..This was the move he wanted for a while and dropped his wages significantly to come here and he'll want to put it right under a manager who knows how to get the best out of him..UTO ftb 

Yiadom's contract at Barnsley expires at the end of the season too. If they get relegated, he's nailed on to end up at either us, United or Leeds surely? Good fullback in this league and his wages would probably be on par to Palmer's... and he's definitely a step up from that. 

33 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Yiadom's contract at Barnsley expires at the end of the season too. If they get relegated, he's nailed on to end up at either us, United or Leeds surely? Good fullback in this league and his wages would probably be on par to Palmer's... and he's definitely a step up from that. 

Think you are correct will move on and good player. In balanced team Hunt can do a job but think he has difficulty playing twice a week and Yiadom would be ideal to share load.

40 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Why is Rhodes certain to leave??..This was the move he wanted for a while and dropped his wages significantly to come here and he'll want to put it right under a manager who knows how to get the best out of him..UTO ftb 

I have heard from numerous sources will be moving on and think its clear he is down pecking order when it comes to strikers at club. We will not require a box goal poacher as not way JL plays. Think only issue is who will have him.

New center back if fitness issues continue with van Aken - I would go for Jordan Willis from Coventry a good age of 23 has well over 140 games in league 1 and 2 and in a better team I think he would kick on but is an unknown at Championship level, if you are wanting someone more established then I would be putting a bid in for Steven Caulker a definate quality but had a bad time at QPR - has move to Scotland and seems to be getting his career back on track. If we could get the best out of him he would be the best defender in the league and at 26 he is still not the finished article.

New left back is a area of weakness for us, Pudil does not have the legs anymore and his salary for what he brings to the team is too high, fox is not of Championship quality whether he goes on loan for a season to try and improve or we just offload now - I would be looking at Cunningham from Preston good quality and also a leader on the pitch something we lack at the moment he has 12 months left on his current deal.

New Right back as Hunt is never fit and Palmer not good enough - this season aside Chris Gunter has been one of the most consistent right back in the league and would be an improvement on what we have, he still has two years on his current contract though if they get Relegated he could be cheaper.

in the middle of the park we have Jones, Hutch, Pelupessy, Bannan, Abdi, Lee, Clare (if he stays) quite a few thousand a week in salaries and bar Bannan we don't have a box to box player that we need, Lee was going that way but with his injury record over the last 12 months big doubts hang over his likely return, we need to be looking at this sort of player whether we take a punt on a league 1 or 2 player or give Clare the money to stay or we go down the Premier League youngster loan route, I person think to buy an establish player of Championship quality and above will be out of our budget next season. But thinning out the likes of Jones, Abdi maybe Hutch might help us to be able to afford the wages.

Upfront we have more than enough and think we could probably lose 2 of the 7 in Winnall and hopefully Fletcher and still have more than enough cover.

This summer is a squad rebuilding trying to offload and thin out the high earners and players not giving much to the squad like Fletcher, Abdi, Matias. Get rid of Buttercup back to Derby and thin out the excess in the central midfield and strike force and if possible drop the average age of the squad down a few years. We need to be looking at players we can sign and improve who may not be the final article but will then not cost the world. Also if we get good offer for established players such as Lees, Westwood, Fessi that enable us to replace them for less and improve the finances then it would be good business.