Nuhiu targetted by Championship club

3 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Normally I have an ' everyone's entitled to their opinion '  attitude when it comes to football and SWFC, but I make an exception for the footballing ignorance spouted when it comes to Nuhui.

He is a very useful player with some rare attributes, and quite frankly I would always play him.

I believe we have always been a better team with him in the side. What he gives in terms of attitude, team work and unselfish contribution cannot be matched. I want to put my fist through the screen when I read ' he doesn't score goals' ..as if the game is that simple now days. Look what happens when goals dry up for a striker and you don't have the abilities that big Dave has..you are left with the abject performances of  Rhodes this season.

Nuhui also has a decent amount of technical ability and on pitch intelligence . Bloody hell, add goals to his CV and he would be in the premiership. I'm serious.

Good player, good for the team, good for the club , good role model.

Aye, the only forward to score recently, and the one doubtless on the lowest wages, and we're considering offloading him to a promotion rival...

Er, relegation rival.

Edited by Athelwulf
Force of habit
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Maxine said:

I'm going to check that. 

I did back under Gray. I made a spreadsheet. Our goals per minute with him playing were around twice as high, our goals conceded was lower, our points per game was much higher.

Now obviously that was before we had players with the track record and talent of Hooper, FF, Rhodes, Joao and Fletcher but what he brings to the team is not arguable unless you're deliberately trying to ignore the huge impact he can have. Just because he can't sprint like Walcott on Fifa doesn't mean he can't bring things to the table in a match.

I'm not for a minute saying he should start every game and with everyone fit I don't think he should be near the 11 but he should always have a place on the bench, he should always have a chance of a start depending on the opposition.

Do we need better than him? Yes. Have we got better than him that can play at the moment? No

3 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

I did back under Gray. I made a spreadsheet. Our goals per minute with him playing were around twice as high, our goals conceded was lower, our points per game was much higher.

Now obviously that was before we had players with the track record and talent of Hooper, FF, Rhodes, Joao and Fletcher but what he brings to the team is not arguable unless you're deliberately trying to ignore the huge impact he can have. Just because he can't sprint like Walcott on Fifa doesn't mean he can't bring things to the table in a match.

I'm not for a minute saying he should start every game and with everyone fit I don't think he should be near the 11 but he should always have a place on the bench, he should always have a chance of a start depending on the opposition.

Do we need better than him? Yes. Have we got better than him that can play at the moment? No

On top of all that..he lifts the crowd at times...Is rarely injured, can never be accused of not trying, even after a period last season where he missed several sitters and the crowd were restless, he simply carried on...not giving a flyer what we thought, and in a time where we have seemingly shrinking violets when it goes t *ts up..He has never been one of them...Do we need better...Of course...but that goes for every position on the pitch probably bar the keepers...

7 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Brilliant that's it then Nuhiu stays. I agree with Asteener too he does lift the crowd and players too I think.

15 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Exactly

Owlstalk Shop

54 minutes ago, Madmax said:

Why, been poo for two yr's has half a good game & ya wanna keep him. Bizzarre. Get rid. I'll take him there ffs.

When we only have 3 strikers that are fit? by all means get rid in the summer but for now i would rather keep the 3 strikers we currently have to choose from.

1 hour ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Are you a Train spotter as well ? lol

He'll be one of those players where you don't realise what you've got until he's gone. Look at Semedo, I think it's fair to say whether he was playing regularly or not his influence on the place kept spirits high and this has obviously been missed this season. To let Nuhiu go now would be a mistake.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

cant believe I'm saying this but if we let nuhiu go ,we have signed our relegation papers . who on earth is going to score for us? we are the lowest scorers lately 500 mins since we hit back of net . I was hoping someone up front was coming here ,but we are that close to ffp its not happening. 

Not read the whole thread but it won’t happen. Sunderland are skint, they haven’t got a pot to pish in, and they absolutely couldn’t afford what we would want for Nuhiu.

They’ve tried to declare interest in Kyle Lafferty at Hearts too and thought they could maybe get him for cheap but they can’t afford him either. Hearts signed Naismith recently to form a partnership again with Lafferty and with 18 months on his deal Hearts don’t have to sell. Sunderland are absolutely fizzed and for me are nailed on to go down.

22 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

No point is there, give him the rest of the season to prove whether he stays or not. Sunderland are a team we don’t need to be helping.

It may explain the lack of aggression when he came on tonight though.

Its not lack of aggression, its lack of ability!

20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

When Nuhiu plays we win

When he doesn't we don't

Utter drivel

His last 13 starts

Won 2 (Reading in cup and Carlisle in cup)

Drew 3

Lost 8

He is not very good despite reports on here of him being the new messiah.