Nuhiu targetted by Championship club

50 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Can't we give them Fletcher back instead 

they don't want him back was talking to 1 of them a while ago ,he said you get 1 game in 10 were he is class rest of time injured or goes missing. don't know who is our worst ever signing based on wages but fletcher and Rhodes must be right at top of list 

15 minutes ago, dnhc said:

'BIG DAVE', as in top scorer since jos came?

Ok,before we start getting silly,when has Big Dave ever been the target of any English club since he's been here ?

Desperate times at Sunderland call for desperate moves,as i posted previously,i don't dislike him,or diss him as a squad guy,but come on,do you really believe he's not indespensible.

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Ok,before we start getting silly,when has Big Dave ever been the target of any English club since he's been here ?

Desperate times at Sunderland call for desperate moves,as i posted previously,i don't dislike him,or diss him as a squad guy,but come on,do you really believe he's not indespensible.

with our present level of injuries i would be very surprised if we let any forward go.

If Nuhiu leaves today then I think it's a smart move, he has played and scored some goals, but when everyone is fit he is our 6th choice striker, so to get anything for your 6th choice striker is good. Especially if either Fessi, Hooper or Fletch are due back soon.

Thanks for the memories Big Dave, hope it works out for you.

4 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

I'm with ya today.

i certainly wouldn't be letting them out on loan, sunderland have money, if they want to stay up, and want a forward they should get that money out and get it spent. also as we are not clear of the relegation threat ourselves it would have to nuhiu's worth plus a premium as they are a rival.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
39 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

If Nuhiu leaves today then I think it's a smart move, he has played and scored some goals, but when everyone is fit he is our 6th choice striker, so to get anything for your 6th choice striker is good. Especially if either Fessi, Hooper or Fletch are due back soon.

Thanks for the memories Big Dave, hope it works out for you.

God knows when that trio will be fit and therein lies the reason why letting Nuhiu go would be a big risk. Of our current fit options arguably he should be first pick at the moment.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
4 minutes ago, NYowl said:

Would rather keep Nuhiu and try to offload Fletcher

Can't see many offers forthcoming given his wages and current injured status tbh.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Drive him there myself. Free of charge 

Once/if the fee and terms are sorted you never know he might take you up on it.

Currently our most effective striker. Wouldn't get much for him due to close to end of contract. We are threatened by relegation and should not let go to a rival. Sure these have all been said already but worth repeating.

Sunderland are reportedly in a financial mire so would not expect them to be making a substantial offer we could not resist.

5 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Let him go. He's out of contract at the end of the season when he can leave fir nothing. 

I'd like to think that we wouldn't give him a new contract. 

Yes he runs around a lot but he's hopeless. If we want to go up next season we can't do with players like nuhiu. 

Then again we can't plan for promotion with the current team we have. There's far too many freeloaders on crazy contracts where we grossly overpay third rate players on long term deals. 

I'd rather have Nuhiu than Rhodes but that's not saying much. 

Against reading in the cup Nuhiu ran around and caused more trouble for Wednesday than reading. At least Rhodes doesn't give the ball away. He can't give away what he never has. 

Offload nuhiu. He's a liability. 

Sadly we are totally unable to offload the majority of our team because nobody in their right minds would have them. 

This expert opinion is from somebody who posted the other day that they haven't actually been to a game for 20+ years...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

we cant sell anyone to our relegation rivals , yes we might be outsiders to go down but still no. 

I'd like to think that they're not "relegation rivals" and we're looking up the able rather than down - but if they were, then surely the best thing to do to relegation rivals is to sell them a striker who's scored 2 league goals in 2 years lol

I usually get negged to death when I comment on Nuhiu. I think he has been a good servant, can't fault his enthusiasm or commitment, but don't think he is a good enough footballer for a team challenging for promotion. There is no coincidence that as the team has got worse he has looked more comfortable, now playing for a team on the fringes of a relegation fight, he has found his level.

For me, any sort of fee would be a bonus, but that said in our current circumstances with restricted attacking options and not having scored a league goal this calendar year do not think he should leave unless we have a replacement lined up. His outstanding attribute is his contribution to team morale and like Semedo if he were to leave could be to the detriment of the team at a time where we need to build morale and confidence for the run in to stay in this league.