Nuhiu targetted by Championship club

6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Same applies to Matias aswell doesn't it.

In my view. Yes. 

He's obviously got a lot of quality. If he could be fit on a long term basis then he might be worth keeping. But we've seen nothing over the past 3 seasons to give an confidence he can play more than half a dozen games a season.

Get rid

If he went to Sunders, he’d play more than he does here. 

Hed get paid more than he does here. 

Hed be against easier competition in League 1. 

Hes had loads of abuse off our ‘fans’ so why wouldn’t he want to go? 

I am a fan, I know he’s no Harry Kane, but he tries his best & can be a beast when he’s in the zone. 

Under Jos I think he’s been doing well with goals & assists. 

19 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If we can get a decent fee for him I would certainly hope the club consider it. I would think we could pick up a player that does a similar job to him but scores goals on a more regular basis. Would love us to find a lower league player that can make the step up. 

Decent fee based on what? His goals?

We paid about 5p for him, he's out of contract in the summer and he's nowhere near good enough.

We should consider any offer that comes to the table.

Don't get me wrong. I'm no Dave 'hater'. I respect the guy for the effort and commitment. I really do. But seriously, we need alot better 

26 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I shall miss him. I love Atdhe. But as I search deep into my heart, struggling to hold together my emotions, wanting to declare my undying love, I realise that he needs to venture further afield to discover his real self.

We have a bloated squad, and there was always going to be casualties after the mess made of recruitment under Carlos’ reign, and casualties there need to be. Alas, Atdhe falls into the category of needing a fresh challenge, a new project.

Farewell my lover, farewell my friend. It has been an emotional rollercoaster.

ps - Is it still too late to give that young Mr Hirst a go? Youth is sick innit?

Farewell my lover? He would actually put your pelvis out I think.

We've scored five goals since Christmas and he's got three of them. And I suspect he's had less minutes on the pitch than Joao and Rhodes, and not much more than Matias.

Unless Fletcher and Hooper are about to return (no evidence of that) we need him until the summer.

8 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

No point is there, give him the rest of the season to prove whether he stays or not. Sunderland are a team we don’t need to be helping.

It may explain the lack of aggression when he came on tonight though.

Sending Nuhiu is helping???????

They can't be that bad.

Seriously with 6 months left on his contract we would be lucky to get £100k, Keep him.

26 minutes ago, poite said:

Decent fee based on what? His goals?

We paid about 5p for him, he's out of contract in the summer and he's nowhere near good enough.

We should consider any offer that comes to the table.

Don't get me wrong. I'm no Dave 'hater'. I respect the guy for the effort and commitment. I really do. But seriously, we need alot better 

350k? 

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

I love Nuhiu but if someone is willing to buy him there’s literally zero rationale in keeping him.

Hes been a bit part player for 2 years now 

I would suggest that he's been "A bit part player" since his arrival.

I don't dislike him,I don't diss him,but we can afford to let him leave.

Edited by BARMYARMY2010

He has a very similar goals to appearances ratio, over the same amount of time as Andy Booth, which is poor. I don’t buy the ‘he works hard’ excuse, he’s a striker playing in a league above his capabilities, just the same as Booth. Jos will no doubt have seen enough of the players to realise that he has a surplus of second stringers, but shipping them out is going to be difficult with the wages that DC pays.

Keep...not even sure why anyone is considering selling him on right now. End of season will be when Jos decides...I'll leave it with him. Until our injury list improves and the possibility of strikers being injured again remains he needs to stay. 

3 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Let him go. He's out of contract at the end of the season when he can leave fir nothing. 

I'd like to think that we wouldn't give him a new contract. 

Yes he runs around a lot but he's hopeless. If we want to go up next season we can't do with players like nuhiu. 

Then again we can't plan for promotion with the current team we have. There's far too many freeloaders on crazy contracts where we grossly overpay third rate players on long term deals. 

I'd rather have Nuhiu than Rhodes but that's not saying much. 

Against reading in the cup Nuhiu ran around and caused more trouble for Wednesday than reading. At least Rhodes doesn't give the ball away. He can't give away what he never has. 

Offload nuhiu. He's a liability. 

Sadly we are totally unable to offload the majority of our team because nobody in their right minds would have them. 

Well on a forum of idiotic posts , we have a new winner. Congrats