Nuhiu targetted by Championship club

20 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

Let him go. He's out of contract at the end of the season when he can leave fir nothing. 

I'd like to think that we wouldn't give him a new contract. 

Yes he runs around a lot but he's hopeless. If we want to go up next season we can't do with players like nuhiu. 

Then again we can't plan for promotion with the current team we have. There's far too many freeloaders on crazy contracts where we grossly overpay third rate players on long term deals. 

I'd rather have Nuhiu than Rhodes but that's not saying much. 

Against reading in the cup Nuhiu ran around and caused more trouble for Wednesday than reading. At least Rhodes doesn't give the ball away. He can't give away what he never has. 

Offload nuhiu. He's a liability. 

Sadly we are totally unable to offload the majority of our team because nobody in their right minds would have them. 

Ridiculous comment.

2 minutes ago, watty said:

As much as I like him , is he fk . 

Google 'effective' then come back. Does not surprise me other clubs are after him. Reading last week couldn't handle him, and If I were a centre half, the one centre forward in our club I wouldn't want to mark would be this lad. 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Google 'effective' then come back. Does not surprise me other clubs are after him. Reading last week couldn't handle him, and If I were a centre half, the one centre forward in our club I wouldn't want to mark would be this lad. 

I'm a fan of the big guy , but to say he's our most effective player is daft , great performance last Friday but that type of showing has been produced for too little from him over the years .

16 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

If he’s not in the long term plans, he should be sold.

We still have Rhodes, Joao and Matias fit.

Hooper, Fletcher and FF to come back.

And Winnall in the Summer.

Sell him.

Talk about fickle football fans, blinded by a couple of matches.

A couple of matches is more than Rhodes, Joao, Hooper, Fletcher, FF and Winnall have given us over the past two months.

The people who see the value in Nuhiu have done so for a lot longer than two matches by the way.

3 minutes ago, watty said:

I'm a fan of the big guy , but to say he's our most effective player is daft , great performance last Friday but that type of showing has been produced for too little from him over the years .

Correct, especially when he's not been playing.  garymegson

• Haha 1

He’s out of contract in the summer so if we can get a fee for him now I’d sell.

its not ideal as we are a bit short on numbers upnfront at the mo but ultimately we need to trim the squad and this would be a good opportunity to do that.

41 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

Let him go. He's out of contract at the end of the season when he can leave fir nothing. 

Yes he runs around a lot but he's hopeless. If we want to go up next season we can't do with players like nuhiu. 

Then again we can't plan for promotion with the current team we have. There's far too many freeloaders on crazy contracts where we grossly overpay third rate players on long term deals. 

Against reading in the cup Nuhiu ran around and caused more trouble for Wednesday than reading. At least Rhodes doesn't give the ball away. He can't give away what he never has. 

Sadly we are totally unable to offload the majority of our team because nobody in their right minds would have them. 

Played well against reading. Credit where it's due.

8 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

A couple of matches is more than Rhodes, Joao, Hooper, Fletcher, FF and Winnall have given us over the past two months.

The people who see the value in Nuhiu have done so for a lot longer than two matches by the way.

Jos may think the same.  If he is in his long term plans keep him.

if he’s not sell him.

Joao already seems above him in the pecking order.  Therefore, Nuhiu being in the long term plans seems unlikely to me.

11 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

He’s out of contract in the summer so if we can get a fee for him now I’d sell.

its not ideal as we are a bit short on numbers upnfront at the mo but ultimately we need to trim the squad and this would be a good opportunity to do that.

Indeed.

I love Big Dave, I think he's been a role model and a great servant to the club. But given our ambitions is he really good enough going forward (in both senses)? We need a bit of a clear out anyway, and if we can get a fee for him I would let him go with our best wishes.

Jesus - this forum.....

12 months of Nuhiu slating, need to get rid of him asap, nowhere near championship quality, he's a donkey, a joke, useless lump etc.

Plays well for a couple of games, scores 2 goals in cup game and all of a sudden we 'must' keep him. Until the end of the season maybe, while we have this injury crisis but even the idea of extending his contract into another year is utterly ridiculous.

I shall miss him. I love Atdhe. But as I search deep into my heart, struggling to hold together my emotions, wanting to declare my undying love, I realise that he needs to venture further afield to discover his real self.

We have a bloated squad, and there was always going to be casualties after the mess made of recruitment under Carlos’ reign, and casualties there need to be. Alas, Atdhe falls into the category of needing a fresh challenge, a new project.

Farewell my lover, farewell my friend. It has been an emotional rollercoaster.

ps - Is it still too late to give that young Mr Hirst a go? Youth is sick innit?

Edited by theowlsman

If we can get a decent fee for him I would certainly hope the club consider it. I would think we could pick up a player that does a similar job to him but scores goals on a more regular basis. Would love us to find a lower league player that can make the step up. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

24 minutes ago, poite said:

Jesus - this forum.....

12 months of Nuhiu slating, need to get rid of him asap, nowhere near championship quality, he's a donkey, a joke, useless lump etc.

Plays well for a couple of games, scores 2 goals in cup game and all of a sudden we 'must' keep him. Until the end of the season maybe, while we have this injury crisis but even the idea of extending his contract into another year is utterly ridiculous.

Same applies to Matias aswell doesn't it.

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, Mrmason69 said:

very harsh, especially as he is always available for selection, is never injured and actually seems to have a love for the club. A liability he is not.

I agree with you that we have too many just stealing a living however.