Butterfield

4 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I know he came off but doesn't tell the whole story all the time...how did he do? I rate him more than Jones so was fairly happy to see that switch before the game. Did Butters show anything?

Slowest player on the pitch, hardly any forward passes looked unfit to me. Decent corner taker though

Seems like a fairly mixed review. I've always thought he offered more than Jones but have seen more of Jones recently so was interested to see how he had done.

He's a bit more hustle and bustle and has better feet in my opinion, jones better passer and better at interceptions and positionally you could say.

Huddersfield fans say he is an attacking midfielder. A friend who supports Hull says he always scored against them at whichever club he was at. Could be over the hill like a few of our players though and he cannot be match fit. Needs a run of games  but can he be risked? Maybe he should be interchangeable with Boyd each match as Boyd has not played much either.

3 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

He's not a holding midfield player so no idea why we use him there, he's wasted here really and probably can't wait for the end of his loan spell.

He played next to Pessi I thought, not as a defensive midfielder but not as an attacking mideiflder either, an orthodox central midfielder, a number 8 as opposed to a number 4, or a number 10.

Thats always been his position and thats where he plays for us most of the time.

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

Good to hear. Sounds as if he is still out of position though . CC and JL must respect/ have respected his willingness to do as requested. 

Sounds to me like people think there are only defensive hard tackling midfilders, or attacking play makers, number 10s, in the hole.

What happened to the good old fasioned central midfielder that did a bit of everything, gerrard lampard et al...thats how I see Butterfield.

Hes never played as a number 10 behind the striker.

Got dispossessed a few times as he tried to turn away from an opponent but he got better as the game went on.

He's a decent player when he keeps it simple a la Bart Williams or harasses players like he did at Villa which was by far his best game.

Did a couple of impressive dribbles late on but like someone said he flagged a bit before being hooked.

Got a decent reception when he went off and he applauded us back.