good result

8 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Seemed like a well organised, solid, workman like performance all pulling in the same direction and putting a shift in. 

Just need to keep solid and plugging away and I'm sure the wins will come. Just need to get some of the creativity off the treatment table now and out on the pitch and we'll start getting some victories under Jos,rome wasn't built in a day. 

We are unbeaten in three and kept three clean sheets. When you consider that's with half our first team injured and against three sides with promotion aspirations that's pretty good going. Two of those games were away from home as well, and I think we were good value for the draws every time. Obviously the lack of goals is a concern, but I feel more confident now than I did six weeks ago.

10 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

We are unbeaten in three and kept three clean sheets. When you consider that's with half our first team injured and against three sides with promotion aspirations that's pretty good going. Two of those games were away from home as well, and I think we were good value for the draws every time. Obviously the lack of goals is a concern, but I feel more confident now than I did six weeks ago.

Totally agree with this. I'm the least stressed about where the team are going than I have been for 12 - 18 months.

Jos is making 0-0 look good, we are playing in a way that Carlos was unable to get us playing. Solid, composed and organised.

Onwards and upwards

To get three clean sheets from three tough games with a makeshift defence is some going, to get a lacklustre and unfit squad working so hard shows good man management. The lack of goals is a problem but can be explained by the missing players some of who are among the best in the league. So far so good for me get some players back and we'll be fine get everything in place and we'll be up there next season 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

Have you been tonight ??? I presume so given your comments.......in a polite way, I disagree with yr first comment. Jos 's first task had to be to steady the ship and he has done that supremely well.start at the back, build from there was always the sensible way forward

Watched game on iFollow.  Don't get me wrong mate.  Very happy that we've tightened the ship especially with a reserve side.  Just worries me that there is no potency when attacking that's all.

3 hours ago, welsOwl74 said:

Would have snapped your hand off for a point tonight

Another clean sheet 

The goals will come I'm sure of it 

Our boy wildsmith motm

Future England number 1

Yep , very happy with another clean sheet and a point. 

5 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Along with trying different formations and using some youngsters. 

Just need that win in the league, 1 or 2 players back and it’ll be all good. 

spot on ! yes unspectacular but a fantastic change in attitude, organisation, spirit, effort and fitness in such a short space of time. A bit of luck and we could have won a few too. I really looking forward to JL own team with a few juniors in. Am I the only person who under CC thought Thorniley was well behind stobbs and some other under 23's, but Jos has seen something he likes and given him his chance and he has grabbed it brilliantly. I just didn't see that coming at all. But can't fault JL decision.

8 hours ago, OutspokenTom said:

we wont get relegated 

catching the pigs is a nice little target to set now

Based on what? We are joint bottom of the form league over the last 10 games along with the Dingles. A couple of 0-0's haven't done much to change that. I do credit Jos for making us more solid at the back, but something has got to give in an attacking sense...and soon...ideally on Saturday against a team who would move within 3 points of us should we lose. The arrogance (or it sheer delusion) of Wednesdays fans amazes me. Catch the Pigs? Dream on.

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2

fitness is looking better get the injured players back, start scoring goals and who knows next season, it could be very enjoyable. 

3 hours ago, roundhayowl said:

Based on what? We are joint bottom of the form league over the last 10 games along with the Dingles. A couple of 0-0's haven't done much to change that. I do credit Jos for making us more solid at the back, but something has got to give in an attacking sense...and soon...ideally on Saturday against a team who would move within 3 points of us should we lose. The arrogance (or it sheer delusion) of Wednesdays fans amazes me. Catch the Pigs? Dream on.

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2

Based on what I've seen since Jos has come in, based on the players we have coming back. It is 3 solid draws against teams we may have lost to had nothing changed. 7 of those games in the form table were when the team was in turmoil.

It is not arrogance of 'some Wednesday fans' it is confidence that I believe can be taken from January.

No one knows what will happen for sure, this is just my view. I did not say we will catch the pigs, I said we should set that as a target. What is wrong with that? Or should we get so worried about where we are, ignore the positives from this month, have no plan and no targets?