good result

1 minute ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I agree but it does worry me that we have almost zero creativity in the final third. 0-0ing our way to safety is a bit dangerous in my opinion.

Thought Pelupessy played well.  He can't pass for toffee but he is solid and really helps the back four.  Would look great with Lee and Bannan alongside him.

Negatives: Fox was pants and Thorniley struggled. Reach was a bit crap too.  Kept giving the ball away.

Positives: Pudil and Venancio were outstanding again.  Another clean sheet for Wildsmith too.  I actually thought Palmer played well too.  Gets in great positions and has a decent footballing brain.  Unfortunately it's wasted because his crossing is diabolical!

All in all, happy with a point but we have to win our home games.

Yeah palmer does everything well apart from the last bit. 

I think in this system we need wing backs with end product. 

Its a massive priority if we wanna win games. 

Am I right in thinking Jos has seen us six times and four have finished 0-0?   And we've only let one goal in (an own goal) in those 6 games.

Remarkable.... after Bullens last match....the 0-3 to Burton.

So, but for the late freak og against Reading, we would have gone 6 games on the trot without conceding.  And that's with the goaly, defence and midfield virtually all crocked.

King Jos.

5 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I agree but it does worry me that we have almost zero creativity in the final third. 0-0ing our way to safety is a bit dangerous in my opinion.

Thought Pelupessy played well.  He can't pass for toffee but he is solid and really helps the back four.  Would look great with Lee and Bannan alongside him.

Negatives: Fox was pants and Thorniley struggled. Reach was a bit crap too.  Kept giving the ball away.

Positives: Pudil and Venancio were outstanding again.  Another clean sheet for Wildsmith too.  I actually thought Palmer played well too.  Gets in great positions and has a decent footballing brain.  Unfortunately it's wasted because his crossing is diabolical!

All in all, happy with a point but we have to win our home games.

Have you been tonight ??? I presume so given your comments.......in a polite way, I disagree with yr first comment. Jos 's first task had to be to steady the ship and he has done that supremely well.start at the back, build from there was always the sensible way forward

9 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

All in all, happy with a point but we have to win our home 

Edited by wakefieldowl
Double post

6 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I was expecting an hammering

It looked from the twitter updates like we did get hammered. Not surprising based on the team we have available. I don't understand why he didn't play Atdhe and Matias - I suppose we went for another 0-0. Saturday is huge and we need 3 points without fail.

With the hiring of a defensive minded coach, following on from Carlos’s second year switch to a shutting up shop approach, was the change instigated from above?

When DC arrived, he said the aim was to play attractive attacking football Has he backtracked from that?

Edited by gurujuan

Seemed like a well organised, solid, workman like performance all pulling in the same direction and putting a shift in. 

Just need to keep solid and plugging away and I'm sure the wins will come. Just need to get some of the creativity off the treatment table now and out on the pitch and we'll start getting some victories under Jos,rome wasn't built in a day. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

With the hiring of a defensive minded coach, following on from Carlos’s second year switch to a shutting up shop approach, was the change instigated from above?

When DC arrived, he said the aim was to play attractive attacking football Has he backtracked from that?

Needs must given CC shambles and squad injury depletion I think.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I think JL's brief is to stay in this league with the resources available to him - once we do this we can plan for next season and hopefully we'll his, and hopefully a more attacking style.

10 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

It looked from the twitter updates like we did get hammered. Not surprising based on the team we have available. I don't understand why he didn't play Atdhe and Matias - I suppose we went for another 0-0. Saturday is huge and we need 3 points without fail.

I don't have the same sense of urgency. Where we are now is fine, we wont get relegated and we've got about 6 months to lay the foundations for next season. It would be great to win Saturday but it isn't pivotal. I see the team playing better than most of this season in every game Jos has managed so far with a second string.

Play offs went a long time ago, catching the pigs is a nice little target to set now

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Am I right in thinking Jos has seen us six times and four have finished 0-0?   And we've only let one goal in (an own goal) in those 6 games.

Remarkable.... after Bullens last match....the 0-3 to Burton.

So, but for the late freak og against Reading, we would have gone 6 games on the trot without conceding.  And that's with the goaly, defence and midfield virtually all crocked.

King Jos.

Along with trying different formations and using some youngsters. 

Just need that win in the league, 1 or 2 players back and it’ll be all good.