Paul Alcock

36 minutes ago, Dronfield_SWFC said:

This always thought it was the start of the downturn

Had the hapless Richards and the hopeless Wilson taken the view of Man Utd in respect of the Cantona fan kicking incident, then Di Canio would have paid his fine and worked out his ban on the training ground prior to returning to first team duties. However Di Canio was a bell end to do what he did, all that Paul Alcock did was to exaggerate the force of the push, just like the players do.

Edited by optimisticowl

The last picture .. wow.  shocking.

Reminds me of my cousin who wasted away with pancreatic cancer passing away at 37.  Became a shadow of the man who loved my dad to bits. Gutted.

I don't blame Alcock a single jot for what happened to Di Canio. You simply don't lay a finger on the ref. Wilson had his hands tied by the main culprit dave Richards.

Anyway, not the time to talk about those events.

RIP Paul. Thoughts to his friends and family

Cancer is not a single disease - in fact, it's a disease syndrome with the commonality that cells lose the ability to control their cell division and location, and become invasive. "Cancer" has many contributory factors including, but not limited to, genetic predisposition, somatic mutation - induction by carcinogens, lifestyle - alcohol and calorie intake, socio-economic inputs, etc.  Some viruses cause cancer  - e.g., facial tumours that have almost wiped out Tasmanian devils. If we all lived long enough, we would all get cancer as our DNA-repair mechanism is purposefully error-prone.

Quite the medical hurdle.

Also, in the west - HIV_attributed mortality is on the wane.

Anyway, RIP Alcock

Edited by DVDA

6 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

I’ve recently lost a mate of circa 50 years standing with cancer, looking at the before and after photos of Mr Alcock he and my mate suffered a similar fate, he weighed 16 stones in August and 10 stones at Christmas, I detest this bloody disease, it’s so unfair.

RIP Paul

We all have stories pal about that disease, I'm only 34 and have a really good friend of mine die with Brain cancer last June at 42 years of age but at least we still here to talk about, rip Paul and your mate and mine and let's hope they find a cure for it