Which injured player

55 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

On this seasons form......Bannan and Hooper

Interesting I agree with Hooper.

think bannan is one of those players who does a lot but achieves little. If Jos can change him will be great.

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Interesting I agree with Hooper.

think bannan is one of those players who does a lot but achieves little. If Jos can change him will be great.

If Jos doesn't force him to drop twenty yards to pick up a one inch pass off a centre half it will be a step in the right direction.

Thought Baz did a lot given the impossible job he was given.

19 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

If Jos doesn't force him to drop twenty yards to pick up a one inch pass off a centre half it will be a step in the right direction.

Thought Baz did a lot given the impossible job he was given.

I often agree with you about tactics but actually thought we played a system which allowed Bannan to have alot of ball. He used to drop deeper because his marker did not come with him.  When he ventured up field was more tightly marked and opponents used to force him on wrong foot and he turned played it back or square. Think he would be useful if you could get him in a bit of space near opponents box regularly. Need real pace to force opponents back so maybe he gets a chance. Jos is expert at finding role for somebody and will be very interested to seewhere BB is played.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, debram said:

Non straight in, think each one will start on the bench and get their chance accordingly, will be interesting to see if any make a big impact, jos will pick the team on merit, no favourites with him I suspect.

^^^^^^^^^^

This 

1 hour ago, Quist said:

I often agree with you about tactics but actually thought we played a system which allowed Bannan to have alot of ball. He used to drop deeper because his marker did not come with him.  When he ventured up field was more tightly marked and opponents used to force him on wrong foot and he turned played it back or square. Think he would be useful if you could get him in a bit of space near opponents box regularly. Need real pace to force opponents back so maybe he gets a chance. Jos is expert at finding role for somebody and will be very interested to seewhere BB is played.

Maybe we naively thought if he dropped off one of their men would break ranks and go with him.  But nine times out of then they let him go back and collect it.  Gave them more time to get even more people behind the ball. 

and obviously it gave us one less forward pass....because Bannan himself wasn't up there.

( - As an aside I thought actually that was one of the highlights when Sasso played last season.  Though he was by no means a great centre half, and also looked like he had a rick in him. His ability to  drive out from the back and make an accurate pass of longer than 6 foot meant we could leave the midfielders higher up the park to receive and I thought we looked more of an attacking side with him at centre half, barmy as that might sound. I just felt it gave us more players in the right area of the pitch - )

Id have Bannan as one of my better players this season in the fact I don't think he ever gave up the ghost in games - when many I felt did. As bad as it has been he always tried to make things happen. Even when it didn't come off. (Which was more times than not given the paucity of forward movement)  He'd try a hollywood pass which more often than not didn't come off...but given he and his partner whoever it was...were usually outnumbered every week the short give and goes became increasingly less of an option. 

For what it's worth I think he would revel in Jos' system as it would allow him to get into those areas where he was so dangerous in his first season for us. Though that was a different system. 

I could see him coming in and making a real impact in the role that Reach and Wallace have both played under Jos so far. 

I wouldn't stick him straight in of course, all places must be earnt. But have few concerns that we'll see the old Bannan when he does. 

Remains to be seen if Jos keeps the system of course. 

It could be that it's been a necessity with the injuries. But I still think it would be a useful weapon in our armoury when we have players coming back in the next few weeks.

Both at home where we'll have the Lions share of the ball, and away where we can adjust it to play on the counter. 

Image may contain: text