Middlesbrough vs Sheffield Wednesday Official match day thread.

5 minutes ago, Estonhills said:

I actually seen it and thought it was very unsporting and bang out of order. Expect him to be on the bench. Depending on Ayala, expect the team to be something like. 

Randolph

shotton

friend

gibson

ayala or fry. Maybe Christie rb and shotton from rb to cb. Will see. 

Howson 

leadbitter

traore

downing

braithwaite

assombolonga or gestede

Never been a fan, you can tell he's a thrower just by looking at him.

Confident for tonight?

I can report that Lord Snooty was seen in a McDonald's 'restaurant' taking breakfast with two as yet unidentified persons at a location out of the City  - at the time  he should have been composing his Matchday thread.   

I can also report that in an attempt to go incognito, he had removed his monocle and donned the gamekeeper, Mellors', tweed cap  - although the spats were still a bit of a giveaway,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          It's currently  a mystery as to why he was not taking his usual breakfast kippers at home at the time but I fear that his delayed posting was but a feeble attempt to cover up a dastardly plot of some sort.

image.png.b9ff7789102d9e2e0372f0694af0cf51.png

Edited by Charles Clegg
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Estonhills said:

Boro fan here. Got knows how we have lost one of them 3 home games, nevemind all 3. 

All 3 games we should of been out of sign by half time. Especially v villa. Fulham we lost to a pen that was never a pen. Players missing almost open goals in both matches.

Brighton we played well first half and were the only team in it, missed chances again.  Then conceded a deflection off Murray’s knee on 90 mins. 

Hopefully our luck changes.  

Maybe your team is lacking something, or maybe it is just a run of bad luck.

I'll let you decide that, you're obviously in a far better position to judge than I.

It's all coulda/woulda/shoulda though isn't it?

Fact is, you didn't.

hope this doesn't come across as aggressive, is not my intention.

Btw, would love Rhodes to score winner tonight. :biggrin:

5 hours ago, Estonhills said:

Boro fan here. Got knows how we have lost one of them 3 home games, nevemind all 3. 

All 3 games we should of been out of sign by half time. Especially v villa. Fulham we lost to a pen that was never a pen. Players missing almost open goals in both matches.

Brighton we played well first half and were the only team in it, missed chances again.  Then conceded a deflection off Murray’s knee on 90 mins. 

Hopefully our luck changes.  

Sounds like us at the start of the season before most of the first team got injured.

This game continues a sequence of tricky league games and without wishing to sound too much like CC they are all tough in this league, as Burton reminded us of recently.

It would be an excellent 3 points but I can't see us getting any more than 1 here which I'd be delighted with. If we show the same organisation and discipline that has been on display since Jos took over we will be tough for a Pulis team to break down.

I won't be having this game on my Both Teams to Score acca because I see a 0-0 or a 1-0 either way coming.

Come on Wednesday!

28 minutes ago, Corneliusreeve said:

Haven't read the thread but been told this is tonight's team,  apologies if already posted.

Team:Wildsmith
Palmer
Vanancio 
Pudil
Thorniley
Fox
Pelupessy
Wallace 
butterfield 
Reach 
Joao

Can’t see that. Butterfield and Wallace over Boyd and Jones?

32 minutes ago, Corneliusreeve said:

Haven't read the thread but been told this is tonight's team,  apologies if already posted.

Palmer
Vanancio 
Pudil
Thorniley
Fox
Pelupessy
Wallace 
butterfield 
Reach 
Joao

Hope not..........5-4-1 formation.............going for 0-0 then ?

1 hour ago, Corneliusreeve said:

Palmer
Vanancio 
Pudil
Thorniley
Fox
Pelupessy
Wallace 
butterfield 
Reach 
Joao

That is a strange team

Worry about Jos if it turns out to be correct 

1 hour ago, Corneliusreeve said:

Palmer
Vanancio 
Pudil
Thorniley
Fox
Pelupessy
Wallace 
butterfield 
Reach 
Joao

God I hope not, that looks an incredibly dull line up!

53 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

welcome to Owlstalk Noctowl, How's little Hoothoot doing?

very well thanks!

A damn sight better than I'm about to be cycling through the wonderful city of Middlesbrough in my stripes (yes, stripes Mr Chansiri).

1 minute ago, NoctOwl said:

very well thanks!

A damn sight better than I'm about to be cycling through the wonderful city of Middlesbrough in my stripes (yes, stripes Mr Chansiri).

Welcome to the nuthouse mate 

Have a +1 for the stripes. 

1 hour ago, Charles Clegg said:

I can report that Lord Snooty was seen in a McDonald's 'restaurant' taking breakfast with two as yet unidentified persons at a location out of the City  - at the time  he should have been composing his Matchday thread.   

I can also report that in an attempt to go incognito, he had removed his monocle and donned the gamekeeper, Mellors', tweed cap  - although the spats were still a bit of a giveaway,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          It's currently  a mystery as to why he was not taking his usual breakfast kippers at home at the time but I fear that his delayed posting was but a feeble attempt to cover up a dastardly plot of some sort.

image.png.b9ff7789102d9e2e0372f0694af0cf51.png

He should have gone to Graveleys, wicked curry sauce wi yer chips. 

I digress, 2 - 4 to the mighty Owls, don't care who scores, just get our season back on track. I'm still counting on playoffs, and I know you've got it in yer boys. ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK.