Middlesbrough vs Sheffield Wednesday Official match day thread.

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Carlos wouldn't have set up to attack even with all his best players available.

Some one said on here a long time ago that Carlos was more suited to being a Premier League manager then a Championship one. And it's looks like that is proving so.

5 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Was different if Carlos set up like that whilst also waiting for his best players.

We weren't setting up like that in Carlos' final few weeks, though. We were hardly set up at all, resulting in us shipping six goals in his final three league games, as opposed to the zero we've conceded in Luhukay's first three.

26 minutes ago, Ronio said:

FT 0-0

Great result that.  Thought we rode our luck a few times, especially in the second half.  

Considering the players we have missing, the makeshift team did brilliantly tonight.  Plus another clean sheet as well.  

I thought Thorniley looked very good, but my Mom would have to go for Wildsmith.  Superb tonight.  

Have a nice evening lads and lasses.

Onwards and upwards.

UTO

^^This. 

And whilst biased, I thought your worst ever midfielder did very well in there until subbed off with a knock. Boro were much better once he wasn’t in there helping Joey. 

I reckon Wednesday edged the first half, Boro the better side comfortably second half. They should have scored. But didn’t. Good point. 

Players coming back, JL has lots to think about with regards to his plans looking ahead to next season. But a cup run to go at keeps things bubbling. 

I like the chap, even if that awful midfielder never gets another sniff. 

See all 4,709 of you at Oakwell soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Copthorneowl

We picked a team to not lose so it's got to be a good point. But I still think we could have been a tad more offensive without sacrificing too much but Jos has clearly got us organised better than CC with a poorer squad to pick from.

12 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

We picked a team to not lose so it's got to be a good point. But I still think we could have been a tad more offensive without sacrificing too much but Jos has clearly got us organised better than CC with a poorer squad to pick from.

I agree - a team and tactics not to lose - with a possibility of 'nicking it' if Joao had been on form. We rode our luck at times, and we have to thank Joe Wildsmith again who is really growing in confidence. We.had opportunities too - but the final ball produced no end result unfortunately. A decent away point really - can't wait to see what Jos can achieve when we get a stronger squad.