Middlesbrough vs Sheffield Wednesday Official match day thread.

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

They said Carlos was negative ... whilst I think we have played reasonably well we are absolutely offering nothing attacking wise.

I like this formation but Fox and Palmer are so limited it's very frustating. 

I know we are only going with 1 up front tonight but if we do continue with a 3-5-2 formation, surely Hunt and Reach should be wing backs. Or, am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

They said Carlos was negative ... whilst I think we have played reasonably well we are absolutely offering nothing attacking wise.

Ffs.  No, we've got Riyad Mahrez and Mo Salah on the bench ready to up the tempo.

What the fizz do you expect??

2 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

But at the moment we have optimism, with Carlos we knew we were done, especially when he knew he had a Swansea contract in the bag FFS

Just now, Not Jon Newsome said:

It has to be this way, do you honestly think this side is capable of going away to a play off chasing side and playing open expansive football?

said exactly the same in this thread 

fecking crazy talk to criticise      for impatient teacakes wait til next year  if you're waiting to moan 

Guest Copthorneowl
5 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

It has to be this way, do you honestly think this side is capable of going away to a play off chasing side and playing open expansive football?

Dont think it has to be this way a very well known way of not losing is to attempt a win.  I'm not criticising Jos because he's short on quality but this is a totally defensive team which may sneak a winner late on but against the odds.

There are a number of better options than the likes of Fox, Butterfield and jus Joao up front who is poor at holding the ball up for himself.

We all want to be positive and get behind JL but if anybody else picked this team they'd be linched. Still my £20 at 13/1 is still alive and well.

If we win 1-0

Edited by Copthorneowl

Just now, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Plague’d from an early age I’m afraid but what’s that got to do with a player that has continually wanted out for 18 months and still doesn’t want to be with the team?

Shut the f*ck up. 

There's a game going on. Sure you can rant about Nando in a different thread. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Copthorneowl said:

Dont think it has to be this way a very well known way of not losing is to attempt a win.  I'm not criticising Jos because he's short on quality but this is a totally defensive team which may sneak a winner late on but against the odds.

There are a number of better options than the likes of Fox, Butterfield and jus Joao up front who is poor at holding the ball up for himself.

We all want to be positive and get behind JL but if anybody else picked this team they'd be linched. Still my £20 at 13/1 is still alive and well.

A point away and three at home might be a good way to move forward ?