Middlesbrough vs Sheffield Wednesday Official match day thread.

a) Should we be worried about Lord Snooty? Not as young as he once was. Has anyone been round to check if he's taken the milk in? Has he got one of those alarm things round his neck next to his monocle and stop watch? 

b) Should we be worried about their array of attacking talent that they only play one at a time?

c) Should the smoggies  be more worried about Big Dave or our Jordan? A 7foot giant or a spurned striker empowered by  "the immutable law of the ex"?

• Haha 3

I'm led to believe Snoots may have been caught by her ladyship in flagrante delicto with one of the parlour maids. How true this delicious morsel of gossip maybe I will leave to those who know him better than I.  I would never have expected the riding crop and spurs but that was possibly just the fevered imagination of the person spreading the gossip. These rumours tend to get bigger the more times they are told, unlike snoot's member when her ladyship walked in, apparently.

Whatever the truth of the above we must move on to todays business and the meeting between Jos's wonders and the mob at Middlesborough. A few notes to set the scene...

Middlesbrough hope to have defender Daniel Ayala fit for the visit of Sheffield Wednesday, after he hurt his groin during the defeat by Brighton.

Striker Rudy Gestede is pushing for a recall having missed Saturday's FA Cup fourth-round tie because of a knock.

Sheffield Wednesday midfielder George Boyd could make his first league start since August after scoring in the FA Cup win over Reading on Friday.

Atdhe Nuhiu scored twice in that game and will hope to retain his place.

Match facts

• Middlesbrough have won each of their past four matches against Sheffield Wednesday in all competitions.
  • The Owls have lost eight of their past 10 away visits to Middlesbrough in all competitions (W1 D1), with their last win coming in August 2014 in the Championship.
  • Middlesbrough have not lost three consecutive home league matches outside of the top-flight since September 2009.
  • Tony Pulis has not faced Sheffield Wednesday since March 2008 - his Stoke side drew 1-1 at Hillsborough in a Championship fixture.
  • Middlesbrough's failure to score in Pulis' first two home league games mean that Pulis has now seen his sides fail to score in eight of his last 12 home league games as a manager (P12 W1 D3 L8).
  • Sheffield Wednesday have never drawn three consecutive away games goalless in all competitions in their entire history.

Feel free to improve on my poor attempt to stand in for swordsman Snoots. 

• Haha 1

Great collaborative OMDT by all involved; I have somehow pieced together we're facing Middlesborough but not sure which year we're in plus it seems we're due a game which will not end in a goalless draw. So that should be entertaining. We've had some slightly edge starts past games, but provided we settle quickly in this game too there's no reason Sheffield Wednesday - the JL edition - won't rise to this challenge and my gut again tells me we might be in for something good. This time without Friday's red wine stirring that feeling. Matias just has to start; I would start both him and Nuhiu, the latter being crucial to give us some peace at the back as he is really good at playing the hold up striker to allow us to come forward and get on our front foot.

Here's to wrapping up January in fine style, and while the cup progress v Reading was a great birthday gift for me already (the big four oh on the weekend), I don't mind a birthday celebration sandwiched by strong Wednesday victories!

Up the Owls!

1 hour ago, goodytheowl said:

They’ve lost three of their last four home games 1-0

Boro fan here. Got knows how we have lost one of them 3 home games, nevemind all 3. 

All 3 games we should of been out of sign by half time. Especially v villa. Fulham we lost to a pen that was never a pen. Players missing almost open goals in both matches.

Brighton we played well first half and were the only team in it, missed chances again.  Then conceded a deflection off Murray’s knee on 90 mins. 

Hopefully our luck changes.