I know it's HITC, but thought I'd post anyway

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/29/do-should-sheffield-wednesday-go-all-out-to-beat-united-to-kasey/Should Sheffield Wednesday go all out to beat United to Kasey Palmer?

Fri 26 Jan
Sheff Wed
3 – 1
Reading
Tue 30 Jan
Middlesbrough
v
Sheff Wed

footyfeed_s.jpg

Sheffield giants United and Wednesday are both reportedly trying to lure Kasey Palmer to the Championship from Chelsea.

Kasey Palmer of Huddersfield Town and Liam Palmer of Sheffield Wednesday in action during the Sky Bet Championship match between Huddersfield Town and Sheffield Wednesday at John Smith's...

Kasey Palmer is a man in demand right now.

The highly-rated 21-year-old recently returned to parent club Chelsea after an ill-timed hamstring injury ruined his second spell at Huddersfield Town, who he helped earn promotion to the Premier League last season.

Palmer scored four goals and set up another three in 2016/17 for the Terriers and has been linked with a return to the second tier for the remainder of this season.

Kasey Palmer of Chelsea FC is tackled by Madger Gomez of Liverpool during the Premier League International Cup match between Chelsea U21 and Liverpool U21 on September 11, 2015 in...

As reported by the Yorkshire Post, Steel City rivals Sheffield United and Wednesday are set to go head-to-head to sign the attacking midfielder, who is expected to leave Stamford Bridge once again in search of game time.

And although Wednesday did show positive signs in their 3-1 FA Cup fourth round win against Reading this weekend, their recent struggles in front of goal should provide enough encouragement for the Owls to blow their old adversaries out the water.

Kasey Palmer of Huddersfield Town during the Premier League match between Everton and Huddersfield Town at Goodison Park on December 2, 2017 in Liverpool, England.

Prior to Friday’s clash with Jaap Stam’s Royals, Wednesday had failed to score in five out of six games in all competitions, including a 3-0 home defeat to Burton Albion and a FA Cup stalemate with League Two Carlisle United.

Palmer, then, would add some much needed thrust and creativity in the centre of the park while also boasting the ability to take, as well as create, goal-scoring chances.

SEE ALSO: Should Sheffield Wednesday take inspiration from Huddersfield Town and re-sign 21-year-old?

Sheffield United’s recent slide down the table and out of the play-off places means they too could do with more fresh blood before the month is out, however, so expect another chapter to be added to this historic rivalry.

14 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

You replied before I posted it :biggrin:

spooky, i bet its the damn Aliens, don't mean the scrounging illegal ones like at Calais, the real ones who do the bottom probes like in South Park....:biggrin:

6a00d8341c630a53ef013485caf0ba970c-600wi

Edited by steveger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1