Pudil

Guest RocketOwl

24 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Been the best player under Jos.

First name on sheet at back.

Looked rather suspect positional wise.

I personally would say his partners at the back have been better.    Nuhiu and Matias have been more consistent.

Keepers have been outstanding.

Edited by a_weishaupt

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Pudil’s best position is now left of a back 3. He is now in direct competition with Van Aken for that spot once he’s fit.

When (if) we have all fit - Pudil cannot get near either a back 2 or back 3 in central defence for me.   He has too much tendency to not mark either man or position.

Edited by a_weishaupt

Guest RocketOwl
5 minutes ago, a_weishaupt said:

When (if) we have all fit - Pudil cannot get near either a back 2 or back 3 in central defence for me.   He has too much tendency to not mark either man or position.

Bit stalkery begging me for a post in early 2017 along with the other 18 notifications. 

5 minutes ago, a_weishaupt said:

Disagree. He’s been good in the centre back positions. Excellent against the pigs! I don’t think he can play left back or left wing back due to a lack of legs but he certainly can do a job in a back 3 where his job is to defend.

40 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Disagree. He’s been good in the centre back positions. Excellent against the pigs! I don’t think he can play left back or left wing back due to a lack of legs but he certainly can do a job in a back 3 where his job is to defend.

I disagree.

He is good going forwards from a defensive position.   He lacks the positional awareness to be consistently picked for that position imho.   He is often on the back foot and looks like he is chasing play.   He is poor in the air for simple balls.

He's a great player, he's just not a centre half.

54 minutes ago, a_weishaupt said:

Looked rather suspect positional wise.

I personally would say his partners at the back have been better.    Nuhiu and Matias have been more consistent.

Keepers have been outstanding.

In fairness everyone has upped their game

2 minutes ago, a_weishaupt said:

I disagree.

He is good going forwards from a defensive position.   He lacks the positional awareness to be consistently picked for that position imho.   He is often on the back foot and looks like he is chasing play.   He is poor in the air for simple balls.

He's a great player, he's just not a centre half.

Well, we will have to agree to disagree on this one!