I think Jos has Palmer ahead of Hunt

I think Palmer has seized his chance thus far under the new manager. I don’t think he’s done much wrong if at all. I thought that the wingback position would have suited Hunt more that Palmer but Liam has taken to it like a duck to water. Ok, Hunt is coming back from injury but I think the right wingback is Palmer’s to lose.  

Edited by shandypants

If we continue to play 3-5-2 then Adam Reach will play left wing back and it will suit him down to the ground. He will be brilliant there. He’s only playing in a midfield 3 at the moment due to us having a load of midfielders out.

Lets see how a fit Jack Hunt does at right wing back. Reach and Hunt are the fittest players at the Club and both would be suited to playing these roles. 

2 minutes ago, johnnybalsace said:

Kieran Lee? Former right back, great engine and an eye for goal. Would be worth a try surely.

You have seen Lee play at right back in the last couple of seasons haven’t you?!! I’ll never understand how he got used as a right back in the first place. IMHO, Lee is the best player in our club but only if played in the middle of the park. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

If we continue to play 3-5-2 then Adam Reach will play left wing back and it will suit him down to the ground. He will be brilliant there. He’s only playing in a midfield 3 at the moment due to us having a load of midfielders out.

Lets see how a fit Jack Hunt does at right wing back. Reach and Hunt are the fittest players at the Club and both would be suited to playing these roles. 

That’s what I have assumed for a while. Two doubts here though:

1. Can both players take on the added pressure of having full responsibility for the flank that they are on (or do they require a partner)?

2. Will Reach want to move back out wide (after being the key player in the middle of the park for weeks on end)?

6 minutes ago, shandypants said:

You have seen Lee play at right back in the last couple of seasons haven’t you?!! I’ll never understand how he got used as a right back in the first place. IMHO, Lee is the best player in our club but only if played in the middle of the park. 

Right wing back, in a 3-5-2 flexible system, not a 5-3-2 or a 4-4-2

Just now, shandypants said:

That’s what I have assumed for a while. Two doubts here though:

1. Can both players take on the added pressure of having full responsibility for the flank that they are on (or do they require a partner)?

2. Will Reach want to move back out wide (after being the key player in the middle of the park for weeks on end)?

I think they can - they are both natural

wing backs. Since, we’ve signed Reach, I’ve always said he is a left wing back. I think he could develop to be one of the best players in the league playing in his best position. So to answer your second point, I think as a player you want to play in your best position.

If we continue with 3-5-2, I’d like to see something like this;

Westwood or Wildsmith

Lees

Hutchinson

Van Aken

Hunt

Lee

Joey

Bannan

Reach

FF

Hooper

Venancio will compete with Lees and Van Aken will compete with Pudil. I like the look of having Hutch and Van Aken at the back as we would have defenders who can start attacks and who have good long range distribution.

He might try a 3-4-3 at some point and you could have a front 3 of Matias, Hooper and FF.

Id like us to look at a few things without pressure until the end of the season so he can find us a way to play in a preferred formation.