Joey D How did he play?

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I was working till 7pm and had a gig last night...I meant Joey P btw I'm just writing a post about Joey Dee and the Starlighters lol 

Come on mate get the names right you're blowing my f****n mind to pieces. 

:biggrin:

Ps 'Ever the Pessimist' summed it up about right. 

It all looked a little 'pacy' for him.

Sure he'll be fine though.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Haha I said loads of st holders wouldn't be going..and he was crap by the way

No he wasn't. It didn't help him getting booked after 6 minutes., New team, new country, different style, so you slate him. Well done pal. We need shed loads of fans like you. 

Just now, CLswfc said:

No he wasn't. It didn't help him getting booked after 6 minutes., New team, new country, different style, so you slate him. Well done pal. We need shed loads of fans like you. 

Oh give over...not slating him..but he was poor..it will take some getting used too tho,,he should be ok in a few games,,but let's not say he had a good game because he didnt

Got booked early on due to Loovens and was probably hesitant to put a foot in because of it, gave a few balls away but did put in some good challenges. Can't judge him on one game and he'll be adapting to the increase in quality and pace, more to come from him but I thought a solid debut. Him being there let Boyd and Reach do their thing, especially Boyd who was fantastic.

Struggled with the pace of the game, lost possession with a few sloppy passess and got booked trying to cover Loovens early on.

Grew into game but clearly afraid of a second yellow.

Needs to settle and adjust to English game...time will tell.

12 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Oh give over...not slating him..but he was poor..it will take some getting used too tho,,he should be ok in a few games,,but let's not say he had a good game because he didnt

In the position he plays what does he have to do to look good?   Because other than scoring that wild long shot which was miles away i'm not sure he can do much more in a game like last night.    He's not going to get the cult status of someone like Hutchinson who goes in like his life depends on it into every challenge but that doesn't take away what he brought quietly to the team yesterday.   I thought positionally he was very good and I think he's a step up from having to rely on someone like Jones who also doesn't get much credit.

I can easily see this kid becoming a scapegoat in the next 6 months unless he has some goals in him, which I guess he may not.   It doesn't make it the correct assessment though.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pompeyowl said:

Absolutely Pony. 

Booked within 5 minutes, and made loads of wee wee tail ups. 

Good news is he can only improve..... surely?!

Don't often neg but wow, was that really your opinion?

He was fine and by no means one of our worst players yesterday. 

1 minute ago, a_weishaupt said:

In the position he plays what does he have to do to look good?   Because other than scoring that wild long shot which was miles away i'm not sure he can do much more in a game like last night.    He's not going to get the cult status of someone like Hutchinson who goes in like his life depends on it into every challenge but that doesn't take away what he brought quietly to the team yesterday.   I thought positionally he was very good and I think he's a step up from having to rely on someone like Jones who also doesn't get much credit.

I can easily see this kid becoming a scapegoat in the next 6 months unless he has some goals in him, which I guess he may not.   It doesn't make it the correct assessment though.

Correct..why would people expect a defensive midfielder to be scoring goals ?  Oh wait...Pompey, RocketOwl, Lichfield et al...I rest my case

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

You'll be getting an invite down to the NBT to discuss this. 

He could have gone down after the match that's where our gig was... half of us went to the match and the other half ( including me ) set up for the night