Niagra

We tried to sell it to a supermarket but the council would not give planning permission stating it would cause traffic problems. They refused it there but later allowed Sainsbury’s build at the end of claywheels lane. Strange how they didn’t think there would be traffic problems there. That’s Sheffield City Council for you. 

Horses left there years ago, dogs are now aligned to other forces so that would not be an issue. The police have been desperate to sell it for some time. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if this is back on the table, now that mr c has the funds to do it.

15 hours ago, vulva said:

Can't get my bearings with that picture. Is the Jubilee next to it, or is it all classed as Niagara? Used to be a decent pitch that. 

No. Google Maps is labelled incorrectly. Jubilee is the other side of Claywheels Lane - the entrances are about 250 yards apart (via Niagra Road). 

This is Derbys training facilities and academy. It's huge and state of the art. This is im sure what Chansiri has in mind for us, or should be if he's serious about us being a premier league team. Both Middlewood Road and Niagra together would still be no where near big enough. I'm sure if a multi million pound  investment was proposed by Chansiri, he would have to work with the Council to find appropriate land. On a side note, I'm pretty sure Niagra is owned by SYP sports and social club - so by paying police members and not SYP itself.

IMG_2468.JPG

Edited by Owlthekop